Japan's PM Abe: BOJ's new policy framework to strengthen monetary policy
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Tuesday that the Bank of Japan's new policy framework was intended to strengthen monetary policy and achieve its 2 percent inflation target at the earliest possible time.
Abe, speaking in parliament, said specific policy steps should be left up to the BOJ and that he trusted BOJ Governor Haruhiko Kuroda.
Abe also said it was too early to talk about the BOJ's exit strategy.
The BOJ last week shifted monetary policy to targeting short- and long-term rates instead of an expansion in the monetary base with government debt purchases.
(Reporting by... read more
- 10:52 Aston Villa vs Preston: These are the men Steve Bruce will be wary of
- 10:52 Jake Livermore on leaving Hull for West Brom - and his message to...
- 10:52 Violence flares in Washington during Trump inauguration
- 10:52 Sahara desert hit by biggest snowfall in living memory
- 10:51 George Galloway blasts Donald Trump 'MURDERED the English language...
- 10:49 First class results for first aid cadets
- 10:47 Chelsea set to bid £15m for midfielder: This signing would be a...
- 10:47 Still at it! Sharks sell your data to cold call firms despite Mail...
- 10:46 ‘It was a miracle no one was killed’: Car owners’ shock as tree...
- 10:45 'Paul Pogba wants me back at Manchester United... he wants to play...
- 10:45 Manchester City vs Tottenham combined XI: No room for Gabriel...
- 10:44 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:44 Council plans a further £34m of cuts and a council tax increase
- 10:43 Girl, 5, and woman knocked to floor after collision with car in Leeds
- 10:42 Teenager remains critical after collision on busy South Tyneside road
- 10:42 Hundreds oppose plan to turn village's last pub into a house
- 10:42 Liverpool v Wolves: Fans snap up FA Cup tickets
- 10:41 Carlisle pair threw lit fireworks from car during police chase
- 10:40 Bid to improve residents’ health
- 10:39 PM 'confident' of striking trade deal with US
- 10:39 Snow falls in parts of Spain for the first time in over a century
- 10:39 Fire crews battle bungalow blaze
- 10:39 Super scooter keeps David flying high
- 10:38 Does the sad state of Florence Nightingale statue speak volumes...
- 10:38 Leonne Weeks: Murder accused Shea Peter Heeley in court
- 10:37 The weeks best new DVDs to buy or stream
- 10:35 Chest mounted video cameras issued to EVERY frontline North Wales...
- 10:35 Arsenal to use Alexis Sanchez to land top European midfielder
- 10:34 ‘Bedtime stories for adults’ prove online hit
- 10:33 Images of Yesteryear