Japan ex-Economy Minister Takenaka says BOJ to cut negative rates further
Former Japanese Economy Minister Heizo Takenaka said on Wednesday the Bank of Japan will lower its minus 0.1 percent interest rate further to achieve its 2 percent inflation target.
Takenaka, professor emeritus of Keio University and a member of a government panel on investment, told Reuters in an interview that the BOJ's new policy framework is "orthodox" and it was not necessarily a big change.
As for pushing the rate it sets on some excess deposits that commercial banks park with the BOJ further into negative territory, he said: "The BOJ will do so without doubt."
The... read more
- 12:16 School places issue in the political spotlight
- 12:14 It’s an unfolding miracle for Dakota
- 12:13 Winter restoration projects at historic Cumbrian hall are nearing...
- 12:13 Super-agent Jorge Mendes in talks with Chelsea over Diego Costa...
- 12:11 British woman’s five-year prison sentence on ‘secret...
- 12:11 Hat-trick of venues in the running for wedding award
- 12:11 Care home is rated as good after recent CQC inspection
- 12:11 Foul-mouthed woman assaulted hospital receptionist after bust-up...
- 12:10 Wrexham AFC fans left to wonder what might have been
- 12:09 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 12:08 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 12:08 Museum is back in business for 2017
- 12:07 MK Dons 5 Northampton Town 3 – match review, player ratings and...
- 12:07 Ministers covered up failed Trident test before crucial vote
- 12:05 Heydour Parish Hall hosts ’20s era jazz quintet
- 12:04 Jack Wilshere says Wayne Rooney is the best he’s played with and...
- 12:02 Police believe missing man could be in Cumbria
- 12:01 Hall ready to embark on revenge mission
- 12:01 Hugill hails PNE's character after firing them to Aston Villa point
- 12:01 Chorley 2, Altrincham 0
- 12:00 Indonesian authorities detain 17 nationals returning from Syria
- 12:00 Syrian army and allies take village from Islamic State
- 11:59 George Michael’s ex claims a sex drug addiction may have led to...
- 11:59 'Lightbulb' moment for Lindley Clock Tower 115 years after it was...
- 11:59 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is fed up with Reds goal trait
- 11:55 Aston Villa transfer rumour: Steve Bruce eyes Premier League swap...
- 11:55 Police investigating Perry Barr 'shooting' after reports of gunfire