Jamie Whitworth, 42, named as cyclist killed in Freetown Way in Hull
A cyclist who died following a crash in Freetown Way, Hull city centre, has been named as Jamie Whitworth.
Mr Whitworth, 42, of Ferry Meadows Park, was riding a black and orange bike when he was involved in a crash with a silver Vauxhall Astra.
It happened at around 6.40am on Saturday, October 1, near the junction of George Street. Mr Whitworth was taken to Hull Royal Infirmary, but died in hospital shortly after.
• More news: Queens Gardens News owner accuses Hull council of 'double standards' in parking row
The 29-year-old driver of the Vauxhall, who is also from Hull, was arrested in... read more
- 19:40 Joey Barton: Suspended Rangers star emerges from showdown talks
- 19:40 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho is questioning himself... he knows the...
- 19:37 CCTV released of missing Joshua Smith in Stone as family urge...
- 19:35 UK Government denies ‘sweetheart deal’ with Nissan
- 19:34 Boxer Jon Slowey hit with three-year ban after testing positive for...
- 19:34 Hull City's Adama Diomande charged with violent conduct by the FA...
- 19:31 Newcastle has been voted the UK's friendliest city - but is it? See...
- 19:31 Non-league football: warning as Stapenhill aim to up pressure on...
- 19:31 Playwright Lee Hall hits out at decision that could see some of...
- 19:31 Non-league football: Rocester eye a place in the top half
- 19:31 'Selling the family silver' - Newcastle City Council slammed for...
- 19:31 Pressure grows on £200 million hospital cleaning firm
- 19:31 Non-league football: Practice makes perfect for Gresley
- 19:31 Non-league football: Wall rallying cry as Barton prepare to face...
- 19:31 Council home 'closed' to stop antisocial behaviour
- 19:31 Hockey: Barton 2nds do enough to defeat their local rivals
- 19:31 Rugby union: Burton aiming to chop down Oak
- 19:29 Red kite populations taking off slowly in the north due to killings
- 19:27 Government accused over 'chaotic' education policy after Bill dropped
- 19:27 Injected male contraceptive 'effective for 96% of couples'
- 19:27 French judge to investigate disappearance of Franco-Syrians in Syria
- 19:27 Missing man found 'safe and well'
- 19:27 Bayern Munich confident Robert Lewandowski will sign new bumper...
- 19:26 Chellaston's Andrew Smyth hints at well-earned hangover after Great...
- 19:26 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp believes Kevin Stewart is his side’s...
- 19:25 Dad and lad burglary team admit spate of break ins targeting 12...
- 19:23 CenturyLink nears deal to merge with Level 3: sources
- 19:23 Ford, GM pitch new strategies; Wall Street snubs them
- 19:21 Winning world title would fulfil "childhood dream" - Nico Rosberg
- 19:20 Queen's Medical Centre tram bridge approved by Nottingham City Council