Jamie Vardy: This is how close I came to signing for Arsenal
Vardy helped Leicester to the Premier League title last season with 24 goals.
And his impressive from saw Arsene Wenger move for the striker, with Arsenal triggering his £20million release clause at the beginning of June.
But Vardy rejected Arsenal and instead committed his future to the Premier League champions with a bumper new four-year deal, worth £100,000 a week.
And he has now revealed he made his final decision after deliberating in his hotel room at Euro 2016.
"I was in a hotel room for the Euros – you do get a lot of free time – and that time was spent thinking about every... read more
- 10:58 Stoke City Extra Time: Plenty of unanswered questions over Phil...
- 10:57 Hundreds queue for Radio 1 Big Weekend with security ramped up
- 10:57 Metro services off between Sunderland and Pelaw
- 10:57 Shops evacuated after illegally parked car sparks suspect vehicle...
- 10:56 Armed police to patrol Sheffield food festival and Doncaster airport
- 10:56 Power cuts hit Nottingham homes
- 10:55 Armed police to patrol Sheffield food festival and Doncaster airport
- 10:55 Bishop of Burnley decries 'attack on childhood'
- 10:54 LIVE as Radio 1 Big Weekend causes heavy traffic in Hull and East...
- 10:54 Radio 1 Big Weekend 2017 set times for day one when Katy Perry...
- 10:53 Beware of scammers gaining PC access
- 10:53 10,000 people ask for Lincoln Knights' Trail guide leaflets
- 10:51 British and Irish Lions can win in New Zealand if they go into the...
- 10:51 Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Cup final build-up LIVE: All the news and...
- 10:51 Joe Cole urges Antonio Conte to adopt Sir Alex Ferguson’s blueprint...
- 10:51 Novak Djokovic adds Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverev to the list...
- 10:50 Wonder Woman director speaks out on claims Gal Gadot movie is ‘a MESS’
- 10:49 Dad stashed drugs under floorboards
- 10:49 Manchester terror attack: Two men arrested for questioning released...
- 10:47 Scunthorpe pharmacy bank holiday opening times
- 10:46 Afghanistan war: At least 13 dead in Khost bombing
- 10:46 ELECTION 2017: Lib Dem manifesto – who is it for exactly?
- 10:46 Arsenal's last FA Cup final clash with Chelsea left me with mixed...
- 10:45 Colourful way to raise cash
- 10:45 Dad survived being blasted in HEART with shrapnel during Manchester...
- 10:45 Eating Out - The Old Bank
- 10:44 Teenage girl sexually assaulted in Newcastle as she walked to metro...
- 10:44 Mother and son confronted by hammer wielding burglars
- 10:43 Unusual images put in the frame
- 10:41 Birmingham Pride parade 2017 LIVE: Updates, photos, video and...