Jamie Vardy snubbed £20m Arsenal move because of their style of play
Jamie Vardy has revealed the reason he turned down a £20million move to Arsenal is because of their style of play.
The 29-year-old was wanted by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger at the start of the summer and The Gunners triggered the release clause in his contract but the England international opted to stay with champions Leicester and sign a new deal at the King Power Stadium.
Vardy netted 24 goals in the Premier League last season as Claudio Ranieri's side won the title by 10 points.
And in his new autobiography being serialised in The Sun, the England striker has revealed that it was... read more
- 09:35 Cancer warning: NINE signs of bladder cancer that you should get...
- 09:35 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:35 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:35 Golf club in Burnley targeted by thieves
- 09:35 Plans for direct North Lincolnshire to London trains
- 09:35 Tax chaos for 900,000 savers as NS&I three-year pensioner bonds...
- 09:35 LIVE: Wednesday's Preston North End news - Aston Villa reaction and...
- 09:34 'Affordable' housing in Bilton: new meeting announced
- 09:34 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:34 Chelsea star Eden Hazard talks Barcelona tactics and makes Lionel...
- 09:33 Junior doctor knocked over woman on Sunderland crossing
- 09:33 Troy: Fall of a City: Who was the Greek hero Agamemnon?
- 09:33 Back off! Hungary votes AGAINST Euro Commission as it tries to...
- 09:32 Meeting to make decision on proposals to reduce size of Lichfield...
- 09:32 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:32 Weather: 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' to freeze Yorkshire next week
- 09:31 Netanyahu aide agrees to implicate PM over corruption claims – reports
- 09:31 Lake District zip-wire plans abandoned after protests
- 09:31 Pound to euro exchange rate: Brexit report drives sterling higher
- 09:31 Breaking: Fire crews in attendance at Mablethorpe house fire
- 09:30 Doncaster octogenarian’s royal appointment in recognition of...
- 09:30 Leeds Rag Fashion Show: A Time.less display of creativity and energy
- 09:29 The prolific Newcastle United striker whose name is so often...
- 09:29 Knifeman who sparked a stand-off with armed police at his Hebburn...
- 09:28 Steve Bruce's verdict on Lewis Grabban - the full Aston Villa press...
- 09:28 Every word Steve Cotterill had to say after Birmingham City were...
- 09:28 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:28 Barratt considers shifting production from Germany to UK
- 09:28 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:27 Value our inspirational teachers