Jamie Vardy: I got death threats over Claudio Ranieri sacking at Leicester
Jamie Vardy has claimed he received death threats because of his alleged involvement in the dressing-room mutiny that undermined Claudio Ranieri and said the backlash against the players who won the Premier League title with Leicester City last season has led to his family suffering a number of “terrifying” ordeals.
Vardy denied he had been responsible in any way for Ranieri’s sacking but admitted the incident had crystallised the impression of him as someone “football fans don’t seem to like”. He said the repercussions had also threatened his family’s safety, featuring a number of alleged... read more
- 09:41 Roads closed after two crashes on M62 and M53 in "terrible conditions"
- 09:40 Speeding offences in England and Wales at a record high: Nearly...
- 09:36 Real Madrid transfer news: Leonardo Bonucci could be sold by...
- 09:35 Try not to squirm while you watch a barber shaving the inside of...
- 09:34 Ice and flood warnings issued for Cumbria today
- 09:33 Music review: The Killers
- 09:33 Music review: Pussy Riot
- 09:33 Music review: Deep Purple/Europe
- 09:33 Music review: Hebrides Ensemble & Meow Meow: Restless Love
- 09:33 Music review: Queens of the Stone Age
- 09:33 Theatre review: The Weir Sisters | Dance review: Tango Moderno
- 09:33 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:32 Warning: we could be set for measles outbreak
- 09:31 This house with a garden INSIDE could be yours - for £3.2million
- 09:31 Road closed because of ice as widespread frost hits region
- 09:30 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:28 Here's why Derby County goalkeeper Scott Carson is hoping to...
- 09:28 Snow and ice causing problems on the roads - updates
- 09:24 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 Louth man pleads not guilty to sexual assault
- 09:21 Jamie Robson is cheering pal John on with both head and heart
- 09:21 Jamie Robson realises playing well for Dundee United is best way to...
- 09:21 Big selection headache for Arbroath boss Dick Campbell ahead of...
- 09:21 East Fife boss has a nice selection headache
- 09:21 Chance for Cowdenbeath to climb off the bottom of the table
- 09:21 Darren Dods has seen an attacking change in Dundee United
- 09:21 Raith boss Barry Smith looking for some home comfort against...
- 09:21 Fraser Aird wants another eye-catching display for Dunfermline
- 09:21 Forfar looking to bounce back from Scottish Cup low