Jamie Oliver's paella recipe is panned online
British chef Jamie Oliver has posted his version of paella online, although it seems unlikely many Spaniards will be reaching for their pans soon.
"Good Spanish food doesn't get much better than paella. My version combines chicken thighs & chorizo," he tweeted.
An "abomination" wrote one user. "That thing ain't paella," wrote another, with the inclusion of chorizo proving particularly controversial.
He has previously drawn flak for his take on West African dish Jollof rice.
There are countless recipes for paella, which originates in Valencia and involves... read more
- 06:19 PlayStation Plus free games warning as fans wait for PS Plus July...
- 06:17 WIN: More £50 vouchers to be won for the White House pub
- 06:17 Hospital discharge delays ‘at lowest for a decade’
- 06:16 The Northumberland coast in a day
- 06:16 Pub the size of a 'living room' next to Nottingham Station gets go...
- 06:16 Wizard weekend was just magic
- 06:16 Post Lite delivery boy hangs up his bag - at the age of 74
- 06:16 Feast of food on offer at Taste of The North
- 06:15 Ellesmere Port to gain 150 freehold homes
- 06:14 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:14 The mystery of who killed 'Little Girl Blue' in Birmingham
- 06:14 Four homes could be built in Newborough, near Burton, as latest...
- 06:13 Current Premier League managers ranked by how long they've been at...
- 06:13 How Manchester United could look with Nemanja Matic
- 06:13 Breathing test aims to fight children’s risk of asthma attacks
- 06:12 Man Utd to sign Ethan Galbraith on three-year deal: Why? Who is he?...
- 06:12 Laurent Koscielny to leave Arsenal: AC Milan ready to test Gunners’...
- 06:12 Real Madrid want Leonardo Bonucci to replace Pepe, Chelsea also...
- 06:12 The compensation claims made for injuries at Northamptonshire...
- 06:12 How many people still watch black and white TV in Corby and Kettering?
- 06:12 SE Asia Stocks-Fall as Wall St hit by U.S. healthcare vote delay
- 06:12 Senior KGH midwife struck off for series of serious failings
- 06:12 Meeting being held about parking and traffic at Rushden Lakes
- 06:11 Oakwood travellers make life 'absolute nightmare' for residents
- 06:07 Jack Ross: Dundee was a ‘big thing to consider’
- 06:07 Coventry City miss out on Mansfield striker who opts to join...
- 06:05 Wimbledon using artificial intelligence to serve up enhanced...
- 06:01 The best TV of 2017 so far
- 06:00 Metro’s A to Z of fetishes: A is for armpits, amputees and watching...
- 05:58 Nepal votes in second round of crucial local election