Jamie Carragher's dad has fixed 30 decaying benches in Blundellsands
Jamie Carragher's charity, the 23 Foundation, has spruced up 30 benches in Blundellsands that had fallen to pieces after years of neglect.
Philly Carragher, Jamie’s dad, decided to do the benches up after he noticed the memorial bench for his friend, Paul Buckley, was in “shocking” condition.
He said: “I walked around and saw the others were in a bad state and thought it wasn’t fair on the people who have passed away, whose families aren’t around to maintain them.”
After deciding that the 23 Foundation, which was set up in 2009 after Jamie decided he wanted to something to help young people... read more
- 06:19 PlayStation Plus free games warning as fans wait for PS Plus July...
- 06:17 WIN: More £50 vouchers to be won for the White House pub
- 06:17 Hospital discharge delays ‘at lowest for a decade’
- 06:16 The Northumberland coast in a day
- 06:16 Pub the size of a 'living room' next to Nottingham Station gets go...
- 06:16 Wizard weekend was just magic
- 06:16 Post Lite delivery boy hangs up his bag - at the age of 74
- 06:16 Feast of food on offer at Taste of The North
- 06:15 Ellesmere Port to gain 150 freehold homes
- 06:14 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:14 The mystery of who killed 'Little Girl Blue' in Birmingham
- 06:14 Four homes could be built in Newborough, near Burton, as latest...
- 06:13 Current Premier League managers ranked by how long they've been at...
- 06:13 How Manchester United could look with Nemanja Matic
- 06:13 Breathing test aims to fight children’s risk of asthma attacks
- 06:12 Man Utd to sign Ethan Galbraith on three-year deal: Why? Who is he?...
- 06:12 Laurent Koscielny to leave Arsenal: AC Milan ready to test Gunners’...
- 06:12 Real Madrid want Leonardo Bonucci to replace Pepe, Chelsea also...
- 06:12 The compensation claims made for injuries at Northamptonshire...
- 06:12 How many people still watch black and white TV in Corby and Kettering?
- 06:12 SE Asia Stocks-Fall as Wall St hit by U.S. healthcare vote delay
- 06:12 Senior KGH midwife struck off for series of serious failings
- 06:12 Meeting being held about parking and traffic at Rushden Lakes
- 06:11 Oakwood travellers make life 'absolute nightmare' for residents
- 06:07 Jack Ross: Dundee was a ‘big thing to consider’
- 06:07 Coventry City miss out on Mansfield striker who opts to join...
- 06:05 Wimbledon using artificial intelligence to serve up enhanced...
- 06:01 The best TV of 2017 so far
- 06:00 Metro’s A to Z of fetishes: A is for armpits, amputees and watching...
- 05:58 Nepal votes in second round of crucial local election