James Rodriguez rejected £76m summer move to Inter Milan despite falling out of favour at Real Madrid
Inter Milan agreed a whopping £76million deal with Real Madrid to sign James Rodriguez in the summer but their attempts to bring the Colombian playmaker to the San Siro were in vain.
Rodriguez rejected Inter's advances, opting instead to knuckle down at the Bernabeu and convince Real boss Zinedine Zidane that he should be given more game-time, according to Gazzetta.
The former Monaco midfielder enjoyed an impressive first season with the Spanish giants after signing from the Ligue 1 outfit in the summer of 2014 for £63m.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Gareth Bale won't give away if... read more
- 13:25 6 independent cafes in Leicester city centre that you must try
- 13:25 Lord Bach launches four year police and crime plan for Leicestershire
- 13:25 Northwich play area improvement scheme gets funding boost
- 13:25 What's the hold-up for house sales in Huddersfield?
- 13:25 Arsene Wenger gives update on new Arsenal contract and reveals...
- 13:24 Pokemon Go ENDLESS EVENTS and TRADING: Why Niantic's shiny update...
- 13:24 Sukie’s party shop boss to retire as business relocates to retail...
- 13:23 Red Nose Day fun in Lancashire
- 13:23 The unusual reason why Emma Willis decided to have a third child
- 13:23 Wolves boss Paul Lambert on the future of Helder Costa
- 13:23 These laws are set to come into effect this April - all you need to...
- 13:22 Cat stays warm in a jumper and onesie after almost drowning in a flood
- 13:22 Drone footage beautifully captures Blade leaving Hull city centre
- 13:22 14 films to look forward to in 2017
- 13:21 Springtime sunshine bathes Cumbria - share your scenes
- 13:20 Bringing ‘the big room’ into use
- 13:19 Scousers wanted - get paid just to speak in a Liverpool accent
- 13:19 Pooper snoopers to professional beggars: council's creative...
- 13:19 Trio jailed for more than 40 years after string of armed robberies...
- 13:18 We were right! Caravanners thrown off Northumberland site finally...
- 13:18 Vera at the Farne Islands: What did the real rangers think of last...
- 13:18 How Tyneside was shocked by a deadly rail crash 110 years ago
- 13:18 It may be running out of steam, but could this historic railway...
- 13:18 So the clocks go forward this weekend - but could it be robbing you...
- 13:17 Police pledge to look into Queen Street ‘breach’
- 13:17 Hartlepool in top 10 nationwide for food hygiene standards
- 13:16 Comic Relief slammed for pre-watershed swearing and technical problems
- 13:16 Blind puppy Bea saved after being rejected by breeder
- 13:16 TV presenter Charlie Webster 'aware of a lot' during coma
- 13:16 Ukip's only MP Douglas Carswell quitting party to become independent