Jackie McNamara named York City chief executive despite standing down as manager six days ago
YORK CITY have named Jackie McNamara as chief executive just six days after he stood down as manager.
The former Partick Thistle and Dundee United boss endured a torrid time as boss of the English National League side, but agreed to stay at the club after his sacking until a new boss could be found.
The club say McNamara “will focus on all operational aspects of the club” and say his appointment means the incoming first team manager can focus solely on results and ignore non-playing issues.
In a statement the club said: “It has become abundantly clear that a full-time chief executive is... read more
- 02:38 ‘Look at what we’re doing’: Grayling comes out fighting on Northern...
- 02:35 First colleges to teach new vocational T-levels to be named
- 02:27 Tomorrow's cities: Google's Toronto city built 'from the internet up'
- 02:10 Last-wicket defiance was not enough
- 01:58 Child support debts: record number of parents prevented from...
- 01:58 Egypt blocks YouTube over film denigrating prophet Muhammad
- 01:56 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 01:54 How convenience stores are surviving the retail storm
- 01:50 National Australia Bank says it will compensate customers for...
- 01:47 How Merlin star Colin Morgan is returning to his Irish roots
- 01:44 The blame game: Getting divorced in the UK
- 01:27 Busking joins cashless society as musicians start using card readers
- 01:27 England could get new national parks as Gove launches review
- 01:17 Takata airbag recall: ACCC adds another 1.1 million vehicles to list
- 01:17 Anthony Martial opens talks with Manchester United over a new contract
- 01:11 Scottish Affairs Committee criticises RBS bank closures
- 00:55 Jürgen Klopp: ‘It was very bad for Mo Salah, for us and for Egypt’
- 00:43 Kidnap, robbery and false imprisonment
- 00:43 Yorkshire award for Dominic
- 00:43 Exclusive: Education cuts in Yorkshire put hundreds of lecturing...
- 00:38 Islington Upper Street stabbing: Man charged with murder
- 00:28 David Baddiel reveals why you have to 'laugh at illness and death'
- 00:27 Unite steps in to save Labour’s struggling ‘Glastonbury’
- 00:25 The young Welsh Muslim women gaining confidence
- 00:22 Business groups write to PM urging Heathrow expansion
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:10 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp criticises Loris Karius for mistakes...
- 00:05 London to introduce contactless payment scheme for buskers
- 00:03 Barnaby Joyce and Vikki Campion reportedly sell story to Channel...
- 00:03 Liverpool comes together for the Champions League final but cup is...