Jack Leach left out of England Lions side as he ties to get used to new bowling action
Jack Leach was a surprise omission for the start of England Lions' Test series against Sri Lanka – despite modifying his illegal bowling action.
Somerset left-arm spinner Leach was shown to have been within the 15-degree limit set for a bowler's arm flexion during re-tests at the ECB's national performance centre last month.
However, the 25-year-old was not selected for the first of two four-day matches against the Sri Lankans' second string in Pallekele, with Middlesex off-spinner Ollie Rayner prefereed as the frontline slow-bowling option.
It is understood that the selection was nothing... read more
- 13:43 Grant to help Wakefield children exposed to domestic violence
- 13:43 Police searching for wanted man around Knottingley. Have you seen him?
- 13:43 ‘Action needed over break ins’
- 13:43 FINALLY! Is this the solution to stop disgusting dog fouling? DNA...
- 13:43 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho admits he 'does not know' why...
- 13:43 Under the Radar: Folda
- 13:43 Book review: Literature And Union - Scottish Texts, British...
- 13:42 Liverpool FC miss out on summer target
- 13:42 'Vigilante' paedo hunters should join police instead of taking law...
- 13:42 Fifth man arrested over attack which left student fighting for his...
- 13:41 Airline tightens up pet rules after excessive pooping on planes
- 13:41 Housing landlords could face fines up to £30,000 under tough new rules
- 13:41 Police searching for wanted man around Knottingley. Have you seen him?
- 13:41 ‘Action needed over break ins’
- 13:39 Obese girl, 12, could be taken from mother's care
- 13:39 ‘House of Horrors’ couple ‘tortured kids’ but cared for pet dogs
- 13:39 Suicide pact ex-pole dancer JAILED for encouraging postman's death
- 13:38 Danny Williams and Ben Heneghan, James Alabi, Gateshead dealings,...
- 13:38 Exciting opportunity to see your own items on display at a Ripon...
- 13:38 Pokemon Go Community Day event COUNTDOWN: Start time, end time,...
- 13:38 Dashcam shows the moment panicking criminals run for it as police...
- 13:37 The top festivals to go to in the summer 2018
- 13:37 Grantham couple’s anger over flooding outside home
- 13:36 Replacing East Pier bridge to cost £350,000, with funding yet to be...
- 13:36 Plumlife Homes launches new affordable housing in Radcliffe
- 13:35 Castleford school to gift 1,000 books to set up library in Ghana
- 13:35 Health bosses hope to reassure people over shake-up of A&E services...
- 13:35 Letter: Rail fares
- 13:35 MP highlights issues facing hospital trust during parliamentary debate
- 13:35 New trusts announced for some of WCAT schools - but not those in...