J&J quarterly revenue, profit edge past Street
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N), the world's largest maker of healthcare products, reported third-quarter revenue and profit just ahead of Wall Street estimates, fuelled by strong sales in its prescription drugs business.
The company's net earnings rose to $4.27 billion (3.49 billion pounds), or $1.53 per share, in the third quarter, from $3.36 billion, or $1.20 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding special items, J&J earned $1.68 per share.
Revenue rose to $17.82 billion from $17.10 billion.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of $1.66 per share and revenue of $17.74 billion,... read more
- 21:01 BREAKING: Pilot dead after plane crashes at airport
- 20:58 Everton complete midfielder transfer: Medical passed, boss speaks out
- 20:58 Ryan Mason's family 'overwhelmed' by support after Hull City...
- 20:57 Algeria crash out of the Africa Cup of Nations as Leicester City...
- 20:55 Exiled Gambian ruler accused of stealing millions of pounds
- 20:55 China closes 111 golf courses to save water and land
- 20:53 Mexico's Pena Nieto outlines goals for talks with Trump
- 20:53 Nigeria: Babies used in suicide bombings, officials warn
- 20:51 If the government loses its Supreme Court appeal what happens next?
- 20:47 'An angel was sent from above to come down and carry you': Listen...
- 20:45 Residents tell of parking 'nightmare' outside Derby primary school
- 20:45 Resident Evil 7 Reviews: The final verdict for Biohazard
- 20:44 All part of a plan: Saido Berahino joining youngest Stoke team in a...
- 20:42 Paolo Maldini reveals huge Arsenal and Chelsea transfer news
- 20:40 'It's the portal to the upside down world!' Southern California...
- 20:40 Mining, fracking and construction are increasingly triggering...
- 20:40 The mystery of New England's 1816 'year without a summer':...
- 20:40 Burst pipe hits water supplies around Craven Arms prompting repairs
- 20:38 Chelsea plot swoop on AC Milan: Blues keen on veteran
- 20:38 Star man in fitness race: He could miss huge Liverpool v...
- 20:37 Role models project is creating a mosaic of future Yorkshire talent
- 20:36 Role models project is creating a mosaic of future Yorkshire talent
- 20:36 Government accused of ‘stonewalling MPs’ over Trident as US...
- 20:34 These are the legal add-ons for Kodi - and the ones to avoid
- 20:33 Ronnie O'Sullivan vows to hunt down Stephen Hendry after seventh...
- 20:31 Restructure at Greggs puts 100 bakery jobs under threat in Lanarkshire
- 20:30 Coronation Street spoilers: When does Phelan get caught and when...
- 20:29 Firefighters come to aid of young child inside Telford flat
- 20:29 Luiz, Suarez, Cole... The 20 best January signings in Premier...
- 20:28 YouTube daredevils sneak into Selhurst Park via roof before trio...