Ivy Atkin died following 'serious and deeply concerning issues' at care home, inquest hears
A pensioner died following 'serious and deeply concerning issues' at a care home, an inquest heard.
Eighty-six-year-old Ivy Atkin weighed just 3st 12lb with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 10.7 when she died, days after being rescued from the former Autumn Grange Care Home, in Herbert Road, Sherwood Rise. A normal BMI is between 20 and 25.
Representatives of health and social care organisations, including Nottingham City Council's safeguarding team, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Nottingham City Care Partnership, Nottinghamshire Health Trust, and the local clinical commissioning group have... read more
- 17:46 YEP says: Get us to the plane on time
- 17:45 Village shop is named as one of the best
- 17:45 Museum unveils new rail exhibits
- 17:44 1,500 children at Doncaster Dome for book awards
- 17:44 Barrow husband assaulted wife after affair row
- 17:44 Hillary Clinton says US threats of war with North Korea are...
- 17:43 Roger Federer opens up on when he’ll retire from tennis
- 17:43 SEEING RED: Are we really a nation of animal lovers?
- 17:42 Paedophile tried to hide sick images but was caught out by police
- 17:42 Read murderer Zoe Warren's sick attempt to cover-up her crime on...
- 17:39 Pair in court over beer garden sex act in front of shocked pub...
- 17:36 Women 'deserve apology' over vaginal mesh implants
- 17:36 Bodyform advert replaces blue liquid with red 'blood'
- 17:36 US marshal traded sex for government parking spaces
- 17:36 Shrewsbury Town stopper and ex-Baggies youth battle for number one...
- 17:36 Militants kidnap four British missionaries - Nigerian police
- 17:36 Child leukaemia survivor asks newsreader if she’s single live on air
- 17:35 Flying Scotsman trip halted after technical problems
- 17:35 Bus strike is Arriva bosses' fault say union
- 17:35 Burglar guilty of killing man and daughter in fire to destroy evidence
- 17:35 Theresa May bowled over by tupperware gift after Boycott's brownie...
- 17:35 Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez gives...
- 17:35 Man Utd news: Jamie Redknapp explains the big differences between...
- 17:35 Scots called to support Catalan defence committee
- 17:34 France in far-right TERROR PLOT: Left-wing leader Jean-Luc...
- 17:32 Nielsen set to start monitoring streaming shows in move to reveal...
- 17:32 Chinese internet giant Baidu to hit the road with self-driving bus...
- 17:32 Flying Scotsman trip halted after technical problems
- 17:32 WWE News: New film of 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper's legendary career now...
- 17:32 UFC 217: Michael Bisping reveals GSP's game plan ahead of super-fight