Ivy Atkin died following 'serious and deeply concerning issues' at care home, inquest hears
A pensioner died following 'serious and deeply concerning issues' at a care home, an inquest heard.
Eighty-six-year-old Ivy Atkin weighed just 3st 12lb with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 10.7 when she died, days after being rescued from the former Autumn Grange Care Home, in Herbert Road, Sherwood Rise. A normal BMI is between 20 and 25.
Representatives of health and social care organisations, including Nottingham City Council's safeguarding team, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Nottingham City Care Partnership, Nottinghamshire Health Trust, and the local clinical commissioning group have... read more
- 15:18 Teachers warn against schooling overhaul
- 15:18 Exercising in pollution bad for the heart
- 15:18 Tamworth's biggest panto gets underway this December in the Castle...
- 15:17 Nine things NOT to do at your work Christmas party
- 15:17 PICTURES: ‘Eyesore’ rubble piles appear off Derby Road
- 15:16 Dereck Chisora insists Dillian Whyte 'is the donkey and I am going...
- 15:16 Doncaster Business Awards 2016: Meet the winners
- 15:15 Church service for bereaved parents
- 15:15 12 top tips from Derbyshire fire service on staying safe over...
- 15:14 Shares in Britain's Capita fall further as investors shun strategy
- 15:13 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:13 Pig farmer found guilty of animal cruelty - pictures
- 15:12 Monte dei Paschi shares plunge on ECB reports
- 15:12 Streets near city school to be made 20mph zone
- 15:12 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
- 15:11 Plans finally in motion to transform derelict Sheffield Ski Village...
- 15:11 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:11 Nostalgia: More details unearthed about last rural postie
- 15:11 Revealed: brand new plans for 500 homes on old DRI site
- 15:11 Burton pub is handing out a free pints to celebrate its 1,000th...
- 15:09 Tamworth's biggest panto gets underway this week in the Castle Grounds
- 15:09 Civil liberties of indigenous people illegally suppressed at...
- 15:09 Nostalgia: More details unearthed about last rural postie
- 15:08 Man United close in on £30m deal for Arsenal and Chelsea target -...
- 15:08 Save Our Services - support the News & Star campaign
- 15:08 Church of Scotland moves out of historic Cumbrian home to join up...
- 15:07 Chance to have say on dog rule plans
- 15:07 12 top tips from Derbyshire fire service on staying safe over...
- 15:07 Katie Taylor accelerates growth of women's boxing with bout on...
- 15:06 Church service for bereaved parents