Ivy Atkin died following 'serious and deeply concerning issues' at care home, inquest hears
A pensioner died following 'serious and deeply concerning issues' at a care home, an inquest heard.
Eighty-six-year-old Ivy Atkin weighed just 3st 12lb with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 10.7 when she died, days after being rescued from the former Autumn Grange Care Home, in Herbert Road, Sherwood Rise. A normal BMI is between 20 and 25.
Representatives of health and social care organisations, including Nottingham City Council's safeguarding team, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Nottingham City Care Partnership, Nottinghamshire Health Trust, and the local clinical commissioning group have... read more
- 00:05 Glasgow and Edinburgh worst offenders in food hygiene standards
- 00:05 Scots teachers subject to ‘vicious’ online abuse from parents
- 00:00 Smalling knock gives Gibson first England call
- 00:00 Essential essence of Loud Women in twenty-one terrific tracks
- 00:00 Searching for unity, home and abroad
- 00:00 Facing up to capitalist realities
- 00:00 City fined €18k for Champions League offences
- 00:00 Hockey chiefs turn to knobstick team
- 00:00 A new dawn after all this wait?
- 00:00 Gutenberg’s dubious legacy
- 00:00 The passing of Martin McGuinness
- 00:00 Martin McGuinness: The man and the contradiction
- 00:00 Solidarity with Venezuela
- 00:00 Ireland: Communists pay tribute to McGuinness
- 00:00 Brazil: Attorney-general calls for wider corruption probe
- 00:00 US: Nunes agrees to answer committee
- 00:00 Measly 1% NHS pay offer angers union
- 00:00 Scotland: Anti-racists to protest against neonazi march
- 00:01 Danny Houghton and Jake Connor injury updates after Hull FC beat...
- 00:00 1 million car industry jobs at risk
- 23:59 Lewis Hamilton scorches but F1 is crying out for a Ferrari revival...
- 23:59 England yobs in the dock over Martin McGuinness chant as footage...
- 23:59 Eric Dier reveals his relief after anxious phone call to his mum in...
- 23:59 Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson is set for big move following his...
- 23:59 Ron Saunders the lost master: He won Aston Villa the title in 1981...
- 23:59 Manchester City break three anti-doping rules in the five months...
- 23:59 Michael O'Neill hoping for his Premier League chance after...
- 23:56 Harry Styles solo debut single: First review LEAKED - plus the...
- 23:51 Dogs CAN sniff out cancer: Study finds German Shepherds can detect...
- 23:51 The brain up close: Radical microscope reveals nerve synapses...