Ivan Klasnic fighting for his life after suffering kidney failure as former Bolton striker waits for new donor
Former Bolton striker Ivan Klasnic is critically ill after his transplanted kidney failed, forcing him to require full-time treatment.
Klasnic first suffered kidney failure in 2006 while on the books of Bundesliga side Werder Bremen but was saved thanks to an organ donation from his father.
However, the man who scored 24 goals for Wanderers over two stints in the north west is now fighting for his life once again.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Arsenal honour 'wonderful' manager Arsene Wenger with a... Jose Mourinho's frustration spilled over during Manchester... Wayne Rooney to remain... read more
- 15:35 The VC hero turned down FOUR times - because of a 'weak heart'
- 15:35 Barrow alcoholic denies threatening neighbour
- 15:34 Polish lorry driver in court after Carlisle death crash
- 15:34 Parrots spotted 'living wild' in Doncaster suburb
- 15:34 PICTURES: How the joy of shoes is helping this Sheffield mum...
- 15:33 Bomb squad called to Duffield street after discovery of 'WW2...
- 15:32 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:31 Youngstars: Ella Jackson recognised for her golfing talent by...
- 15:32 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:31 Youngstars: High Tunstall U13s make last 16 of the national ESFA...
- 15:31 Youngstars: Hartlepool’s Table tennis star Joe Cope scoops gold for...
- 15:31 Hartlepool United- Aldershot Town: Jake Cassidy starts for Pools
- 15:31 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:31 Manchester United U23s 1-1 Man City EDS highlights as James Wilson...
- 15:31 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:30 How the meticulous work of Celtic scout David Moss and the x-factor...
- 15:29 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:28 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:28 Chris Tarrant: 'I had the worst holiday at THIS popular destination'
- 15:28 You will be upgraded on all flights if you have this specific kind...
- 15:27 Free hedge-laying course in the Countess of Chester Country Park
- 15:27 Lost explorer Benedict Allen ‘never gave up’ on seeing his...
- 15:26 Arsene Wenger explains why it could be impossible for Arsenal to...
- 15:25 Lessons about shared history
- 15:25 John Terry shows his commitment to Aston Villa - even when he is...
- 15:25 Semi professional footballer tried to rob taxi driver at knifepoint
- 15:24 'Serious' fire alarm fault fixed as Blackpool school set to reopen
- 15:24 Details announced for Christmas lights switch-on celebration
- 15:24 The Yorkshire Post says: What Yorkshire needs from the Budget
- 15:24 Firms launch new calendar to boost LIVES