Italy should do more to tackle banks' bad loans - IMF
The Italian government has recently taken a number of measures to tackle bad loans but these efforts may not be sufficient to strengthen its ailing banking system, the International Monetary Fund said on Wednesday.
A three-year long recession left a legacy of more than 200 billion euros (175.48 billion pounds) in non-performing loans on Italian banks' balance sheets, and uncertainty over the value of these loans has depressed investors' appetite for the country's banks.
In its Global Financial Stability Report published on Wednesday, the IMF said that Italy's recent reform on insolvency,... read more
- 13:20 Police warning over 'fake tradesmen' email scam
- 13:20 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 13:20 Ryan Mason latest: Health updates after footballer fractured skull...
- 13:20 Defibrillator installed at Co-op's Dove Funeral Service, Uttoxeter
- 13:20 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:20 Are you listening Diego Costa? Chelsea star slams transfer to China
- 13:19 Who remembers enjoying a night out in this former favourite...
- 13:19 Green Party leader announces Amber Valley visit
- 13:19 Offshore wind farms power cost drops by 32% in five years, says report
- 13:19 PM to meet President Erdogan in Turkey
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department
- 13:15 Drink driver of 18-tonne HGV arrested near Wetherby after public...
- 13:15 Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick warns team-mates...
- 13:15 Man City forward Leroy Sane prepared for big leap forward
- 13:15 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:15 Police issue warning over telephone scam in Horncastle area
- 13:14 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger set for crunch talks following Burnley...
- 13:13 Chester Grosvenor Museum to hold 12th open art exhibition