'It was last chance saloon' – but doctors saved Millicent’s life
The aunt of a young girl whose life was saved by specialist treatment at Leicester's Glenfield Hospital has raised £6,000 to say thank you to doctors and nurses on the unit.
Millicent Gale spent her first birthday in the hospital after falling ill at home in Lancashire in 2014.
She was taken to St Mary's Children's Hospital in Manchester with a chest infection but there were no paediatric intensive care beds and she was transferred to hospital in Nottingham.
But Millicent became more poorly and doctors told her parents Laura and Steven Gale that Ecmo - extra corporeal membrane oxygenation... read more
- 03:56 It’s International Fetish Day so let’s all learn about the fetish...
- 03:53 Paramount gets $1bn Chinese funding
- 03:50 Man United staff fear star player had ‘too much too soon’: Jose...
- 03:50 China asks foreign diplomats for closer cooperation in anti-graft war
- 03:49 Eugenie Bouchard bows out of the Australian Open after three-set...
- 03:43 Gambia crisis: Jammeh given last chance to resign as troops close in
- 03:43 Trump inauguration protests: TEAR GAS deployed as THOUSANDS march...
- 03:43 BREAKING: 'At least 12' injured after 'out-of-control' car smashes...
- 03:37 'Thank you' - Ian Paisley's words to Martin McGuinness
- 03:35 Former Chelsea winger: I wasn’t happy at Stamford Bridge but I...
- 03:34 Car ploughs into pedestrians in Melbourne, police say
- 03:30 Army mutiny exposes cracks in Ivory Coast success story
- 03:24 Several people injured after car hits pedestrians in Australian...
- 03:17 Nikkei stays in a narrow range, on track for weekly losses
- 02:52 The perils of reporting on China's GDP
- 02:46 The Yorkshire GP who says we can think ourselves slim
- 02:44 UFC News: Coach on McGregor vs Mayeather, Woodley talks Diaz bout,...
- 02:37 China economy grows 6.7% in 2016
- 02:35 Baby boy delivered by mother in car near Aberdeen
- 02:23 'I'm a transgender woman - ask me your invasive questions'
- 02:18 Andy Murray vs Sam Querrey LIVE: Follow the action as the world No...
- 02:15 Corbyn to attack SNP budget plans in Glasgow speech
- 02:13 Leeds council pledges new crackdown on rogue private landlords as...
- 02:10 Who could Sir Andy Murray face in the Australian Open final after...
- 02:05 North Korea PREPARES MISSILES as US says it’s ‘READY’ for Trump...
- 02:03 Larsen ice crack continues to open up
- 02:03 Nottingham mulls 2023 European Capital of Culture bid
- 02:00 Leicester defender Luis Hernandez travels to Malaga ahead of...
- 01:48 Peter Jay: Four years of Trump will not vanquish real America
- 01:46 Man evicted from hospital for blocking bed for two years