'It was last chance saloon' – but doctors saved Millicent’s life
The aunt of a young girl whose life was saved by specialist treatment at Leicester's Glenfield Hospital has raised £6,000 to say thank you to doctors and nurses on the unit.
Millicent Gale spent her first birthday in the hospital after falling ill at home in Lancashire in 2014.
She was taken to St Mary's Children's Hospital in Manchester with a chest infection but there were no paediatric intensive care beds and she was transferred to hospital in Nottingham.
But Millicent became more poorly and doctors told her parents Laura and Steven Gale that Ecmo - extra corporeal membrane oxygenation... read more
- 11:38 Man airlifted to hospital with head injury after fall in Rushden
- 11:38 Find out how many takeaways have taken over your high street
- 11:37 What will the weather be like for October half term?
- 11:37 Manchester United 'must remain mentally strong and keep going',...
- 11:37 Boy of 13 'drove BMW into a tree'
- 11:37 Arsenal stars enjoy jungle themed birthday celebrations following...
- 11:37 Party promising to overturn Brexit would beat Labour and UKIP in a...
- 11:37 Can YOU spot them all? Fiendishly tricky brainteaser contains 60...
- 11:37 Is the internet becoming unreadable? Trend for light fonts on dark...
- 11:37 Your dog probably dreams about you: Sleeping pooches think lovingly...
- 11:37 How do you treat very young sexual offenders?
- 11:36 Syrian refugees found working in factories supplying UK retailers
- 11:35 Are these the worst views in Britain?
- 11:35 South Cumbria youngsters given a lesson in life saving
- 11:35 Green-fingered Barrow youngsters grow pumpkin patch in school garden
- 11:35 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 11:34 Kelechi Iheanacho calls for 'focus' in order to improve Manchester...
- 11:34 By (St) George! This one's close to home...
- 11:34 Chelsea can win Premier League title, says Pedro
- 11:34 Where are the best places in Leicestershire to enjoy an autumnal walk?
- 11:33 Concern growing for missing Bourne teenager
- 11:32 Tracker allows drivers to check roads have been gritted
- 11:31 Drivers sent message from pupils and police
- 11:31 Heading a ball can cause significant changes in brain function
- 11:31 Five people die after a plane crashes in Malta International Airport
- 11:30 Woman becomes country’s first nursery school teacher with...
- 11:30 CJ de Mooi won’t be extradited to Holland over claims he killed a...
- 11:29 Justin Bieber 'storms off stage' because of fans screaming between...
- 11:29 Stratford up to third as Sutton are sunk
- 11:28 Woman suffers multiple injuries after two-car smash in Trinity...