It's very important the next manager is English... Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger rules himself out of England job
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says there has been no contact from the Football Association over the England job, which he believes would be best filled by an English coach.
Wenger, who turns 67 at the end of October, is in the final season of his current Arsenal contract, having earlier this month marked 20 years in the job.
Before the international break, Wenger said it is possible he could 'one day' manage England if he had no club commitments.
FA chief executive Martin Glenn says Wenger would be among the candidates who 'perfectly' fit the criteria as the search begins for the permanent... read more
- 05:44 Australia, Indonesia restore full military ties, see progress on trade
- 05:44 Egypt annoyed as Britain continues suspension of flights
- 05:43 Newcastle vs Sunderland - which city's residents are most likely to...
- 05:43 Time for a talk talk with Talk Talk over the way they handle...
- 05:43 Got an appointment with Scottish Power? They might not turn up
- 05:43 Question Time is coming to Sunderland: How can I get in the audience?
- 05:43 From birdwatching to chess… favourite hobbies of each Prem club's...
- 05:43 Manchester United v Southampton combined XI: Who makes the cut...
- 05:39 'Bursting point' NHS has missed bed targets for five years - Labour
- 05:39 Booze touts, bonking and 'professional beggars': Is it time to...
- 05:39 Monster who raped two girls was previously jailed over £115,000...
- 05:38 Minister unveils name of North Yorkshire Sirius Minerals mine
- 05:37 Arsenal setback: Potential Arsene Wenger replacement could become...
- 05:31 IS threat to UK as great as the IRA's in the 70s - terror...
- 05:31 Top bosses! Which managers have won the EFL Cup since 1992?
- 05:31 Watch in awe as man detonates cage full of fireworks in his garden
- 05:21 New bistro open for business in Lincolnshire town
- 05:17 Eric Cantona discusses Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Why he's so important...
- 05:02 Stoke boss Mark Hughes has his say on Dele Alli's horror tackle
- 05:02 David Haye wants to end Tony Bellew's career in front of his family
- 04:55 Ernie is laid to rest at the winning post
- 04:52 Jeremy Corbyn 'determined to finish job'
- 04:48 Homes approved for garden
- 04:43 Pokemon Go APK reveals more news on shiny Gen 2 Pocket Monsters
- 03:49 Cesar Azpilicueta wants more trophies to earn label of Chelsea legend
- 03:49 Fernerbahce ready to listen to offers of £13million for Chelsea...
- 03:44 Ministers criticised over named person consultation
- 03:44 £165m Manchester tramline set to open
- 03:40 Mass Effect Andromeda release date minimum specs revealed as...
- 03:38 Care home woman to get £45,000 payout for 'deprivation of liberty'