It's technically a house price boom: Property values in 'silicon hubs' of Cambridge, Reading and Oxford soar in last five years
Property prices in Britain's main technology hub cities and towns have surged in the last five years, according to data.
While London remains arguably the tech capital of Europe, clusters of high growth tech companies based elsewhere have supercharged local housing markets.
In Cambridge, which has 15 tech jobs per 1,000 people, house prices have soared 58.7 per cent in the last five years to reach £442,518, the analysis of Office for National Statistics and Tech City UK data by Property Partner shows.
Furthermore, Reading, which has 14 tech jobs per 1,000 people have seen prices rise by... read more
- 16:20 We need private security to patrol lkeston, says Dukeries Club...
- 16:20 What the next Intu Derby restaurant should be - according to you
- 16:19 Warning over Blue Whale Challenge craze after 13-year-old dies
- 16:19 So THAT'S why there's a decibel sticker on your wheelie-bin
- 16:19 Decommissioned bedsits in Long Eaton to be converted into family homes
- 16:18 Sutton St James continues search for ‘village caretaker’
- 16:17 Germany must invest to keep up in electric cars - Merkel
- 16:17 Something massive is passing in front of that ‘alien...
- 16:17 Cars are no longer allowed to use Bank Junction during the day
- 16:17 An early look at Late May Bank Holiday weekend weather in the...
- 16:16 Who should I vote for?
- 16:16 Wall St. opens higher as oil prices, defense stocks rise
- 16:16 Billy Bush on Trump tape - didn't have 'strength' to change topic
- 16:16 Police probe alleged brawl at Carlisle cage fighting event
- 16:14 Global passport system outage in the UK causes CHAOS and huge...
- 16:14 Some Everton FC players will have a point to prove in pre-season
- 16:13 Melton pub celebrates top award
- 16:13 Melton businesses urged to paint the town red
- 16:13 "Chaos" as Kirklees Council contractor fails to put road closed...
- 16:13 Manchester United and Chelsea on transfer alert as Monaco star...
- 16:13 David Seaman tells Arsene Wenger what Arsenal must do to compete...
- 16:13 Primark have released a highly-pigmented eyeshadow palette for just £4
- 16:12 'We are concerned with the Eurogroup agenda' Portugal Finance...
- 16:11 Warning over "Brexit" virus in bacon and sausages ahead of Bank...
- 16:11 Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera explains how he proved...
- 16:10 School life: Ooh la la! Fun in France for Hipperholme Grammar
- 16:10 Two sisters set to be Ribchester Field Day queen on the same day
- 16:10 Prestonians rush to register right to vote
- 16:09 Together till the end: Photographer documents her parents' painful...
- 16:09 Cholesterol-busting statins provide 'no benefit' for pensioners at...