It's curtain up on the Bard's last home as Shakespeare's New Place is re-imagined for a modern audience
The Mulberry trees at Shakespeare's old home are laden with fat, drooping fruits.
I'm at Shakespeare's New Place in Stratford-upon-Avon, on the site of the home where he spent the last 19 years of his life and penned 26 plays.
The £6 million project is part of the celebrations marking 400 years since his death.
It's an imaginative outdoor space with gardens, sculptures and a museum next door.
The old abode was pulled down over 250 years ago. Reverend Francis Gastrell, who owned it, became fed up with being harassed by Bard fans, declared he 'hated' Shakespeare and had the house... read more
- 11:33 Jurgen Klopp confirms the one Liverpool player he would sell in...
- 11:33 Kerching! Lincoln Christmas Market's boost to city's small traders
- 11:33 Liverpool legend: I would have succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson as...
- 11:33 Dad donates dead son's unopened Christmas presents to sick children...
- 11:33 Dangers of the diet pills sold on the High Street: Experts warn...
- 11:32 Water shock! River clean-up nets a big haul
- 11:32 Organisers hoping for big turn-out at Xmas Market
- 11:30 BREAKING: Explosion tears through China leaving many feared dead
- 11:29 Stowaway migrants found crushed under trucks in Austria
- 11:29 Manchester City vs Chelsea, Premier League LIVE: Follow all the...
- 11:29 Yobs wreck blood biker’s Triumph Tiger
- 11:27 Key man exit may pave way for Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard to...
- 11:27 Jamie Carragher: This Liverpool ace has to be realistic about his...
- 11:27 Manchester City v Chelsea: LIVE Premier League scores and updates...
- 11:24 Stourbridge FC count down clock to huge FA Cup clash
- 11:20 Retirement village gets in the festive spirit
- 11:20 Conor McGregor insists Floyd Mayweather called him first saying...
- 11:19 Drivers warned about thieves using key lock jammers at M-way services
- 11:19 Nazi PoW leaves £400,000 to 'kind' Scottish village
- 11:19 Mother jailed for beating up daughter, 17, when she caught her...
- 11:19 Plucky turkey won’t be caught for Christmas
- 11:18 Sponsor supports club’s league goals
- 11:18 Planned roadworks on A1 and A19 in Northumberland and North Tyneside
- 11:18 Man taken to hospital after car hits tree
- 11:17 China's Xi says military must be smaller, but more capable
- 11:16 Dry January: 7 things you realise when you give up the booze
- 11:15 Louis van Gaal is much stricter than Jose Mourinho, says Manchester...
- 11:15 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 11:10 ‘It was worth the 6,000 miles to get a free beer’
- 11:10 East Midlands Trains fares to rise in the new year - but less than...