Issa Rae overheard someone mistake Viola Davis for Alfre Woodard at the Golden Globes
Identity mix ups always seem to take place during major awards ceremonies and it appears the Golden Globes 2018 was no different.
According to a tweet allegedly posted – and then deleted – by Insecure star Issa Rae, Viola Davis found herself being confused with fellow actress Alfre Woodard.
The African American actresses are both queens of screen and theatre, but apparently someone at the event couldn’t tell the difference between the pair.
Issa wrote: ‘Overheard: “Alfre Woodard looks amazing” … “Oh I didn’t see her. But Viola Davis looks great”… “Oh that’s who I meant. That’s who I... read more
- 12:29 Non-stop prayer, no Facebook, yak on the menu and the Dalai Lama's...
- 12:29 PICS: Football fever lands at Treetops Nursery
- 12:27 Long Lartin prison governor 'attacked by inmate'
- 12:27 Top 10 books about the afterlife
- 12:27 Children's cough syrup from Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco and...
- 12:25 VIDEO: Kane England win the World Cup?
- 12:23 Music Review Forever young Felix marks half a century with radical...
- 12:23 Music Review Junction's techno treat the one to beat
- 12:23 Interview ‘Songs always boss you around’
- 12:23 Calls for BBC to sack Lord Sugar after ‘racist’ tweet
- 12:23 England star Jamie Vardy hailed ‘absolute legend’ for hilarious...
- 12:20 BBC announces action to boost staff from BAME backgrounds
- 12:20 'Finchley Park needs levelling' - Furious reaction as man, 45,...
- 12:20 Prince Louis to be baptised on July 9
- 12:20 Teenager robbed at knifepoint in Widnes
- 12:19 Portugal v Morocco LIVE: World Cup updates with Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 12:19 Ford Park group set out to combat litter scourge
- 12:18 12 gauge pump-action shotgun handed into police
- 12:18 Kalidou Koulibaly tells Chelsea fans to expect a ‘very good coach’...
- 12:18 Two seriously injured after two bus smash outside Edinburgh primary...
- 12:17 University includes Nazi quote in email to students
- 12:17 Corby medical centre fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Rejuvenated Jimny
- 12:16 Drivers’ incentives to use new coach park
- 12:16 Bookies link Wolves with shock bid for West Brom star
- 12:15 Airport runway closure saw disabled passengers 'trapped on plane'
- 12:15 This new hub will help young people with disabilities find employment
- 12:15 PICS: Football fever lands at Treetops Nursery
- 12:14 Workers shouted 'get out' following chemical leak at Carlsberg in...
- 12:14 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day