Island welcomes new four-legged arrivals
The grazing of up to 50 sheep between now and January will help to manage the dune grassland on Holy Island.
The arrival of 30 sheep at the Snook earlier this month is one part of a wider Heritage Lottery Fund project that aims to improve natural habitat and inform its ongoing management at Lindisfarne National Nature Reserve (NNR).
Stock grazing is not new to Holy Island, but this year, however, the scale of the project has been increased with support from the Peregrini Lindisfarne Landscape Partnership project with an extension to the area to be grazed, an increase in the size of the herd... read more
- 13:30 LIVE: Preston North End news - Monday's updates from Deepdale
- 13:29 UCLAN GRADUATES 2017: School of Forensic and Applied Sciences
- 13:29 ‘Good’ rating for Morecambe beaches
- 13:29 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:29 Lancaster businessman wins two Pride in the Job awards
- 13:29 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:34 Under-fire Walsall boss insists: 'I am going to keep doing the job...
- 13:29 Work set to start on £17.5m Penwortham Bypass
- 13:34 CCTV clip: Men jailed for Chapeltown Road attack outside Leeds...
- 13:29 Calls for Chorley Council to reinstate town’s Flat Iron car park
- 13:34 "Big hug for Tony Pulis" - Pep Guardiola's verdict on West Brom's...
- 13:29 Preston bucks the trend as more stores open than close
- 13:34 The case for Michael O'Neill as next West Brom manager
- 13:29 COLUMN: Why are we all so horrid?
- 13:29 Tributes paid to former first citizen Bob Williamson
- 13:29 Victoria Atkins follows in her political parents' footsteps
- 13:32 Morecambe Community High School head to resign
- 13:29 Garstang is blooming marvellous
- 13:32 I would not be here without the outdoors, says Blackpool mountain...
- 13:29 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:29 Police continue to quiz man, 49, in Gaia Pope disappearance probe
- 13:33 Who was Sir John Whinnerah and why is the Tesco roundabout in...
- 13:32 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:29 ‘We live in fear without Longridge town police’
- 13:32 Jobs at risk at uni due to ‘Brexit challenges’
- 13:32 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:29 Want to tweet? Just be careful!
- 13:32 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:33 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:33 Here's how to get tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at the Derby...