Islamic State confirms death of propaganda chief - statement
Islamic State on Monday confirmed the death of its propaganda chief, whom the Pentagon said was killed in a U.S.-led air strike in Syria's Raqqa province last month.
An IS statement posted online paid tribute to Wa'il Adil Hasan Salman al-Fayad, also known as Abu Mohammed al-Furqan. The statement just referred to him by his alias.
It did not say when, where or how he had died.
(Reporting by John Davison and Ali Abdelatti in Cairo; Editing by Catherine Evans)
- 16:54 Second accident mars Rio Carnival parade finale, 12 hurt
- 16:54 Tibetan women's soccer players denied US visas for Texas tournament
- 16:53 How the Merseyrail strike will affect you - key questions answered...
- 16:53 Grimsby Town boss calls for 'more intelligence' against Colchester...
- 16:53 One of the 21st century's finest pieces of art
- 16:52 Fake £5 notes are in circulation and here's how you can spot them
- 16:50 Police launch appeal to find man who goes by four different names
- 16:50 Shortlist for CAMRA Leicester's Pub of the Year 2017 announced
- 16:50 New 420 pupil school to open in Nottinghamshire
- 16:49 Out-of-contract XI: Man United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Chelsea...
- 16:49 Do we really need more student accomodation in Liverpool? This man...
- 16:49 Surfing heads inland, to Austin, Texas
- 16:48 Legend makes big call: £40m-rated star has been tracked by Man...
- 16:47 'How do I protect my family?': EU citizens in Britain contemplate...
- 16:47 New FCC chair vows 'light-touch' approach to regulation
- 16:47 Sir Patrick Stewart learning to paint with young Scots artist
- 16:46 Wall Street slips as financials, discretionary stocks drag
- 16:46 U.N. says Thailand leaves legal loophole for torture, disappearances
- 16:46 Teenager punched and stamped on during Widnes street robbery
- 16:46 Car drives into crowd at Mardi Gras parade in Alabama
- 16:45 I refuse to be ashamed of relying on my partner for money
- 16:43 BREAKING: Dozens hurt as car ploughs into crowd at Mardi Gras...
- 16:42 All aboard for re-opening of miniature railway
- 16:42 Online court hearings set to ‘modernise” Scottish courts
- 16:42 EastEnders: Concerned Shirley Carter warns Whitney to STAY AWAY...
- 16:41 Man United star Paul Pogba attacked by fans in restaurant after...
- 16:41 Dean Saunders: This is the key reason why Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool...
- 16:41 EU parliament says governments delayed new rules on car emissions
- 16:40 Horizon Zero Dawn reveals astonishing vision of future Birmingham -...
- 16:40 Not all paedophiles should be jailed, says police chief