Is YOUR data safe in the cloud? Researchers reveal the 'lurking malice' in major services and say 10% have been compromised by hackers
Hundreds of repositories across nearly two dozen major cloud services are actively providing malware, including phishing, ‘drive-by downloads,’ and fake sites, according to a new study.
And, this malicious content can be difficult to spot.
Researchers say hackers could hide components of malware in separate locations in the cloud, allowing them to go untracked as individual items – but, these seemingly innocent pieces can quickly be assembled to launch an attack.
TELLTALE SIGNS OF MALICIOUS CONTENT According to the researchers, the malware is split into different elements, and hidden among... read more
- 14:05 We’re backing the Grantham BID
- 14:04 Heather Wheeler: Variety of events in South Derbyshire never fails...
- 14:04 Childer Thornton £2m equine therapy centre to benefit people with...
- 14:04 Mirfield councillors have hit out over proposals to build hundreds...
- 14:03 Flammable fancy dress Hallowe’en warning is issued
- 14:03 Jus-Rol factory to be bought by bakery
- 14:03 Pools FA Cup clash switched
- 14:02 Gordon Anglesea: Former police chief guilty of child sex abuse
- 14:01 Carer who fought ISIS has restrictions lifted by police
- 14:01 Stock futures dip as investors assess earnings
- 14:01 Antonio Conte confirms major Chelsea boost: Key man fit to face...
- 14:01 Kevin de Bruyne questions Pep Guardiola's tactics after Barcelona loss
- 14:00 Rugby stars make up guard of honour for Anthony Foley funeral
- 13:59 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte basically confirms John Terry is ready...
- 13:58 Referee Howard Webb reveals former Coventry City striker Craig...
- 13:58 £52K upgrade to Featherstone gas distribution network
- 13:58 Half of British drivers set to hit the road for half-term
- 13:58 Shortlist announced for North East tourism awards
- 13:58 Muslim woman beaten up and threatened with death by family over...
- 13:57 Now KitKat prices may rise due to a weakening pound – cheers Brexit
- 13:56 Port Vale sign former Newcastle United, Hull City and Wigan player...
- 13:56 Firm slammed 'for wrongly stopping tax credit payments'
- 13:55 Christopher Magee said he would do a 'Philpotts' on woman he tried...
- 13:55 Dele Alli like a wild horse, says Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino
- 13:55 A590 and M6 roadworks for the coming week
- 13:53 Prior Park pupils look into the future
- 13:53 Rusty railings are revived along Spittal Promenade
- 13:52 WATCH: I'd swap my first Wrexham AFC goal if it meant FA Cup win...
- 13:52 Scottish Junior Cup preview: Who will still be involved after...
- 13:52 Celebrity singer Kevin Simm to perform on BBC Strictly's It Takes Two