Is this a barm, batch or something else? Take our poll
It’s no secret that scousers have their own dictionary , but one thing that divides opinion here on Merseyside is what this humble food item is called.
Is it a barm, barm cake , roll, batch or bap?
None of us can agree.
Venture out of Liverpool and there are even more names thrown into the mix. They are cobs in the midlands, muffins in parts of Manchester, teacakes in Yorkshire. What is it about this particular item of food that gives it such an identity crisis?
Does it depend on what size it is? Does texture come into it? What are the rules and why can't we agree on them?
It's time to... read more
- 12:54 Man rushed to hospital after Lye town centre machete attack
- 12:54 Couple buy former hotel and pub building and plan to redevelop it
- 12:53 Yuri Drozdov: The man who turned Soviet spies into Americans
- 12:53 Germany quashes gay men's convictions and offers compensation
- 12:53 COMMENT: Our health service is wonderful
- 12:53 Important safety message from Derbyshire police
- 12:53 Young woman from Harrogate in hospital after Land Rover smash near...
- 12:52 Three people were taken to hospital after a crash involving two...
- 12:52 WATCH Amazing drone footage of former American Adventure theme park
- 12:52 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 12:52 Ireland raises three billion euros from 'milestone' AIB sale
- 12:52 UK inflation expectations edge up only slightly in June - Citi/YouGov
- 12:52 Nemanja Matic agrees personal terms with Manchester United ahead of...
- 12:50 "I'm a reformed character": Leeds barber and Love Island contestant...
- 12:50 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 12:50 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 12:50 Monaco star Kylian Mbappe could be on his way to adidas from Nike...
- 12:50 Frank de Boer 'very excited' by prospect of managing Crystal Palace...
- 12:50 COMMENT: Our health service is wonderful
- 12:50 Ritz Ballroom forced to close AGAIN with all future events cancelled
- 12:50 Important safety message from Derbyshire police
- 12:48 Ritz Ballroom forced to close with all future events cancelled
- 12:48 Important safety message from Derbyshire police
- 12:48 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 12:48 Farmer wants a wife: Sara Cox hosts TV dating show with a difference
- 12:47 Why have our cars suddenly been covered in dust?
- 12:47 Manchester United's transfer problem would be solved by Gareth Bale
- 12:46 Gas pipe repairs set to cause months of disruption around...
- 12:45 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions...
- 12:45 Stormy Stan makes an appearance at village carnival