Is Samsung on the verge of a SECOND Galaxy Note 7 recall? Investigation begins into supposedly safe handset that exploded on a Southwest Airlines flight
The Consumer Product Safety Commission confirmed an urgent investigation was underway after a replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 caught fire on a Southwest Airlines flight.
'CPSC is moving expeditiously to investigate this incident,' said a emailed statement from Commission Chairman Elliot F. Kaye said.
It also advised consumers that 'one of the remedies is a refund'.
Scroll down for video
WHY WERE THE BATTERIES EXPLODING? Lithium batteries are use in a range of consumer electronic devices, favored by manufacturers because they are lightweight and pack much more energy into a small space... read more
- 14:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Emails at PMQs about North’s ‘valueless’...
- 14:28 Watch: Hundreds stop to watch parrot on the loose in Birmingham...
- 14:27 Millionaire refuses to pull down Britain’s biggest man cave so he’s...
- 14:27 Hospital payout for cancer patient's family after 'failures in care'
- 14:26 University of Hull and VISR launch mixed reality accelerator
- 14:26 Playhouse revamp cost to rise by £2m
- 14:24 Road to shut for up to four weeks
- 14:23 Woman accused of curfew breaches
- 14:21 Fire crew called to Workington blaze
- 14:21 Prison governor hospitalised after 'unprovoked inmate attack' at...
- 14:21 Bongo's Bingo's back!
- 14:21 Suspects appear in court over robbery where knife allegedly held to...
- 14:21 Open meeting about church tourism in East Northants tonight
- 14:20 COOKING WITH THE CHARLES: French strawberry tart
- 14:20 Row over volunteer role hits Bridlington Lifeboat
- 14:20 Bonmarche finds good market online
- 14:20 Guy Verhofstadt: Scotland ‘obliged to follow’ Brexit decision
- 14:19 Royal Highland Show 2018: Everything you need to know
- 14:19 Cough syrup recall over mould risk from ingredients
- 14:19 Council demanded payment card details via email
- 14:19 Mystery of unknown woman found dead and severely decomposed
- 14:17 Honest charity workers hand in envelope stacked with £3,600 in cash
- 14:17 Young motorcyclist critical after collision with a Land Rover in...
- 14:17 World Cup Wolves: Ten players that Nuno Espirito Santo could keep...
- 14:17 Warning issued over bogus bins in Solihull
- 14:17 New video flies through £700m Paradise project
- 14:17 Dear Alan Sugar, this is why your tweet about Senegal’s World Cup...
- 14:16 £847,000 of changes for 'accident blackspot' in Rugby
- 14:16 Bongo's Bingo's back!
- 14:16 Ribbon cut on new Lichfield One city centre housing development