Is Lancashire ‘at risk of nuclear contamination’?
0 Have your say Nuclear convoys carrying warheads routinely drive on the M6. If one crashed, or was attacked by terrorists, more than 260,000 people could be in danger of contamination, according to a new report.
Nuclear bomb convoys on the M6 are putting more than a quarter of a million people at risk from radioactive contamination in Lancashire, according to a report by campaigners.
Anti-nuclear campaigners warn 165 schools, seven hospitals and four railway stations could all be affected if transporters carrying Trident warheads crashed along the route through the county.
The... read more
- 18:20 Coroner appeal after man with Newcastle links found dead on Teesside
- 18:20 Bradley Lowery 'so happy' after classmates record charity tribute
- 18:19 Grenfell Tower fire: Simon Cowell charity single knocks Justin...
- 18:19 Tim Sherwood takes aim at Aston Villa's infamous transfer committee
- 18:19 Former Birmingham City captain returns to Blues in coaching role
- 18:19 Josh Harrop reveals why he left Manchester United
- 18:17 Dunstable punter's £1m Ascot bet falls on final furlong
- 18:17 Police find gun after scrambler yobs shoot at home
- 18:16 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 18:16 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 18:16 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:16 Nine nostalgic images of Chester's former hospitals
- 18:15 Wall St Week Ahead-Oil's drop could leave a stain on earnings
- 18:14 Woman treated for minor injuries after collision with car
- 18:14 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool signing is nothing like what he was at...
- 18:13 Sheffield robbery victim, 80, suffers suspected broken leg and wrist
- 18:13 Pointless host Alexander Armstrong left flustered as contestant...
- 18:13 Leicester-inspired cocktail menu - including Frog Island Iced Tea -...
- 18:11 Lizzie tumbles her way to gold in Birmingham
- 18:11 We’re not a chick collection agency
- 18:11 Conservatives are challenged to invest in county fire service
- 18:11 Killer Doncaster driver ran over woman, 91, weeks after medics told...
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for beginners
- 18:10 Birmingham International Marathon: 16 week training plan for improvers
- 18:10 Solihull tennis ace Dan Evans admits to taking cocaine
- 18:10 Now owner for Lancaster student blocks
- 18:10 Poignant book is a tribute to ‘sweet Caroline’
- 18:08 PHOTO GALLERY Kineton Music Festival hits high notes!
- 18:07 Strictly Come Dancing: Ex-pro Natalie Lowe reveals she had DOUBTS...
- 18:07 Former Geordie Shore star punched a woman in row over ex-boyfriend,...