Is it safe to travel to Jamaica and the Caribbean? LATEST information on hurricane Matthew
A severe weather warning for Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba is now in place, and Hurricane Matthew has already hit parts of Jamaica’s capital, Kingston.
Strong winds of up to 150mph and thunderous rain has already flooded and blocked many roads in the city. Just two days ago, the Jamaican government urged peopled to evacuate and prepare for the storm.
The category-four hurricane is expected to seriously affect Haiti with the southern areas of Jeremy and Les Cayes forecast to see the worst of it.
Forecasters said the hurricane is predicted to bring up 64cm rain.
The amount of rain could trigger... read more
- 12:45 Sunderland firm’s fundraisers hit the heights for stroke charity
- 12:45 Builder honoured for work on apprenticeships
- 12:45 Sunderland travel insurance firm scoops national award
- 12:45 This is how many cigarettes you can legally have during a shift at...
- 12:44 Wasps v Harlequins: 'Holding out for a hero' and four other...
- 12:44 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Wellingborough theatre for...
- 12:43 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:43 Dad who created prosthetic arm for son now running worldwide trial
- 12:43 Conwy Council faces £200k funding gap as demand for emergency...
- 12:42 Time for cuppa as cafe opens up at Fylde coast library
- 12:42 Pups under threat as Scottish dog shelter issues desperate plea for...
- 12:42 Cops probing shocking East Kilbride sex attack appeal to hooded pair
- 12:41 Jodie Whittaker to have three new assistants when she becomes...
- 12:41 Couple tell of horror after car fire trapped them in their home
- 12:41 Appeal for witnesses after ‘altercation’ in Rugby
- 12:41 Everything you need to know about Leeds Christmas lights switch on...
- 12:41 Dyer dampens talk of Sinfield signing for Hoppers
- 12:41 Maguire booster for PNE
- 12:40 Jason Derulo’s epic Game of Thrones Night King Halloween costume...
- 12:40 Pedro Caixinha back to work at Rangers less than 24 hours after...
- 12:40 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:40 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:39 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man
- 12:39 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:39 'I had to go into survival mode' Diver forced to fend of 13ft tiger...
- 12:39 New railcard for 26-30-year-olds revealed but travellers demand...
- 12:39 The pressing issues Aston Villa need to resolve ahead of Birmingham...
- 12:39 Woman charged with murder of 18-month-old boy who fell from...
- 12:39 Birmingham City announce partnership with Spanish outfit
- 12:39 Birmingham would lose almost £7 billion from a 'hard Brexit'