Is Cadbury's move the end for Fairtrade?
News that the UK's best known chocolate brand, Cadbury, is abandoning its Fairtrade certification has caused some concern in the food industry.
Parent company Mondelez says it plans to bring all Cadbury lines under its existing in-house fair trade scheme, Cocoa Life.
As a result, it says it will offer five times more sustainable chocolate in the UK by 2019.
But critics warn this could confuse consumers.
They also fear that shared standards around ethical trade will be lost if more firms drop Fairtrade.
So what prompted Mondelez's change of approach, and does it leave the future of the... read more
- 17:12 Strongest week since December for European shares as investors pile in
- 17:12 Stephanie Davis has ’emotional’ reunion with Jeremy McConnell’s dog...
- 17:12 Hull FC vs Warrington Wolves LIVE updates after reserves face UK...
- 17:12 'Muggers paradise' warning as rail strike row rumbles on
- 17:12 CCTV images released following theft of elderly lady's purse in Ripon
- 17:11 Gunman shot schoolboy in the head because he was irritated at moped...
- 17:11 Councillor announced as MP candidate
- 17:11 Arsenal defenders Laurent Koscielny, Gabriel and Rob Holding...
- 17:11 UPDATE: Details of man sought by police after 16-year-old girl is...
- 17:10 Notts firm fined thousands for illegally burying 10,000 dead chickens
- 17:10 German airlines drop safety rule prompted by Germanwings crash
- 17:10 Man in 'Saw' mask robs same petrol station three times
- 17:10 Why walking is better for you than cycling
- 17:10 TAMWORTH FC: Lambs are a club on the up, says Morrell after signing...
- 17:10 The holiday mistake costing us HUNDREDS - and how to avoid making it
- 17:10 What Birmingham City's Paul Robinson told Harry Redknapp about the...
- 17:10 Huge jams on A38 after lorry crash blocks carriageway
- 17:09 Tottenham to leave White Hart Lane at the end of season with all...
- 17:08 EU regulators drop antitrust probe into Faurecia, others
- 17:08 On the brink: David Moyes hints at Sunderland exit as doomed Black...
- 17:08 Pimco shutters RAE Worldwide Fundamental Advantage PLUS Fund
- 17:08 Scots in hunt for British GT glory at Rockingham
- 17:08 Restaurant fined after neighbours complained about curry smell
- 17:08 Peter Kay's Car Share steering into heartbreaking ending as tragedy...
- 17:07 Lorry overturns in crash on A1
- 17:06 Gabriel Jesus reacts to Man City Manchester derby comeback
- 17:06 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reveals plan to cope with...
- 17:05 Barry Horne: Joey Barton's gambling ban was too excessive
- 17:04 Large police presence seen in Spring Bank in Hull at Friday rush hour
- 17:04 Mounted police and metal detectors being used in crackdown on knife...