Ironbridge Gorge disaster training exercise taking place this weekend
0 Comments Exercise Simul has been two years in the planning and is taking place at the request of Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin County Volunteers Emergency Committee. The committee’s members wanted to understand how they would link with the emergency services in the event of a disaster across Shropshire.
The exercise will take place between 8am and 5pm on Saturday and involves a range of voluntary organisations carrying out live rescues in several areas of the Ironbridge Gorge using "casualties" provided by 605 Auxiliary Squadron and Shropshire Fire and Rescue.
Councillor... read more
- 18:13 How EU countries view Britain’s triggering of Article 50
- 18:13 Tunisian former PM Jomaa launches 'non-ideological' political party
- 18:13 France's Macron on course to win presidency - Elabe poll
- 18:13 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha will have the final say on his Scottish...
- 18:12 Circus trainer attacked by lions in terrifying video
- 18:10 Retired vicar to wed male model 54 years his junior
- 18:10 Schoolchildren donate flag after Union Jack stolen from Bomber...
- 18:10 Return of council’s big clean-up programme
- 18:09 Wirral community rocked as "best buddy" pays tribute to alleged...
- 18:09 Busy Cumbria road closed following bus crash
- 18:08 Weaverham plumber to run London Marathon in tribute to veteran...
- 18:08 Ex-Corrie star from Cuddington lands role in Hollyoaks
- 18:08 Head teacher in training for 32.6-mile walk to work
- 18:07 Paul Scholes: This is what I think of Manchester United’s top four...
- 18:07 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil makes shock transfer revelation: Manchester...
- 18:07 Formula 1 2017 schedule: When are the Grand Prix races? Latest...
- 18:06 Liverpool favourites to snap up Arsenal star
- 18:06 Nick Cushing: Carli Lloyd has taken Manchester City Women to...
- 18:05 See stunning new pictures of Birmingham's rapidly changing skyline
- 18:05 How Town Hall & Symphony Hall CEO has inspired staff to enter 10K
- 18:05 See inside Sutton Coldfield's chic new restaurant Bistrot Pierre
- 18:05 The one pound coins worth more money - some are worth up to £250
- 18:05 Revealed: These are the most common jobs in the West Midlands
- 18:05 See timelapse footage and aerial shots as work completes on New...
- 18:05 Exciting finds of Iron Age chariot and horse skeletons found at...
- 18:05 Luxury watch brand to open at Merry Hill
- 18:05 It's unfair for Hull City fans to boo West Ham's Robert Snodgrass...
- 18:05 Successful Furness technology exhibition is an international affair
- 18:05 Is THIS the world’s BEST job? Lucky candidate will earn £24,000 to...
- 18:04 Busy Cumbria road closed following bus crash