Irish unemployment rate falls sharply to 7.9 percent
Ireland's unemployment rate dropped below 8 percent in September for the first time since the financial crisis, with the number of people without a job falling at its fastest pace this year, data showed on Tuesday.
The unemployment rate fell to 7.9 percent from 8.2 percent in August after the total number of people unemployed fell to 172,900 from 180,200, the state statistics office said.
Employment has increased strongly since the jobless rate hit a high of 15.1 percent in early 2012 and the rate has fallen from 9.1 percent a year ago amid a broadening economic recovery that has increased... read more
- 07:13 It's Santa hats off to a warm welcome for Rosemere dashers
- 07:13 Foden feels fans will play massive part for 'underperforming' Saints
- 07:13 Doctor Who: Tom Baker is back as the Time Lord
- 07:12 'Please don't move my sick gran from HRI to Calderdale'
- 07:11 Hull Live: Breaking News, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:09 Cummins workers say they’ve been ‘betrayed’
- 07:09 'Women are pissed': Trump rage turns to action – and surge in...
- 07:07 BBC weather: Nick Miller warns viewers to brace themselves for...
- 07:06 Woodville paedophile admits making hundreds of indecent images of...
- 07:05 Being sexually assaulted can have long term physical effects
- 07:05 The Dean’s Reflection column with the Very Rev John Dobson
- 07:05 BPL live stream: How to watch the Bangladesh Premier League live...
- 07:05 Lionel Messi revelations emerge about Real Madrid decision... did...
- 07:05 Arsenal news: Jack Wilshere provides update on Gunners future
- 07:04 Mitsubishi Materials shares fall on fake data scandal
- 07:03 Drug-addict stole cosmetics from chemist’s while waiting for his...
- 07:03 Cameras head out to 21 Derbyshire routes to snare speeders
- 07:03 'Derbyshire has the best roads in the country'
- 07:03 Guinea pigs abandoned in Derbyshire woodland
- 07:03 Boozed-up man deflated police car tyre as officers treated his...
- 07:03 CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Derbyshire police want to speak to these people
- 07:03 The best Black Friday deals 2017
- 07:04 Shocking scenes at Tesco as Black Friday sales see people queuing...
- 07:03 Win family ticket for panto
- 07:03 Derbyshire campaign addresses problem drinking
- 07:02 Figures show domestic abuse incidents are reported to Humberside...
- 07:02 Leicester plot January swoop for PSG outcast Hatem Ben Arfa
- 07:01 Quality field of cross country runners descend as Spenborough host...
- 06:58 County council wants your views on money-saving plans for fire service
- 06:58 Almost 1,000 disabled children called Nottingham's Childline base...