Irish finance minister: never decided AIB IPO would be in 2017
Ireland never decided for certain it would offer a 25 percent stake in state-owned Allied Irish Banks (ALBK.I) next year and will sell when the time is right, Finance Minister Michael Noonan said on Tuesday.
Earlier this year Dublin pushed back the likely timetable for partially cashing out its 21 billion euro ($23 billion) investment in the 99 percent state-owned bank to the first half of 2017 from late 2016, citing unfavourable market conditions.
"We never decided we would have (an initial public offering) in 2017, the only consideration is the amount of money we can recover for the... read more
- 10:05 Price of stamps to increase
- 10:03 Arsenal starlet stretchered off after suffering serious looking injury
- 10:03 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 10:02 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 10:00 Driver who speeded along Lincoln's busiest city centre road ordered...
- 10:00 Ask Andy: Should couples have threesomes and how to bat off...
- 09:59 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:58 Chelsea star sends emotional message to Premier League rival
- 09:58 Taliban leader urges Afghans to plant more trees
- 09:56 ECB won't end asset purchase program all of a sudden, Weidmann says
- 09:56 Euro zone economy - real recovery or another Sirens' song?
- 09:54 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:52 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:48 3,000 people to have no Job Centre if Government plans go ahead
- 09:48 South African deputy finance minister named in police probe -...
- 09:46 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:45 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:45 PNE focus on the kids
- 09:44 Locked up in February: Pimps and violent kidnappers among Coventry...
- 09:44 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 09:44 Nine shops we've loved and lost in Nuneaton
- 09:44 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:42 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 09:41 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 09:41 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:40 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:39 Has this Wirral village got too many pensioners living in it?
- 09:39 Man City player Yaya Toure explains why he's so good at penalties
- 09:39 Girl, 5, dies hours after GP refused to see her because she was...
- 09:39 Terror threat in the UK ‘at its highest since the 1970s’, terror...