Ireland still sees 2016 tax take almost 2 percent above target
Ireland still expects to collect almost 2 percent more tax than expected this year despite waning outperformance in recent months, the country's finance ministry said on Saturday.
Ireland's tax take was as much as 4 percent ahead of target by the end of May but slower than forecast growth in some parts of the domestic economy cut that to 1.5 percent at the end of September, data published earlier this week showed.
In an up-to-date forecast, the ministry said it expected the tax take to finish the year 1.9 percent ahead of target, the same outturn it saw the last time it updated the figures... read more
- 10:43 Pendle Jazzmen thrill at The Inn on the Wharf
- 10:42 Police want to trace these woman as part of probe into theft from...
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...
- 10:37 Man dies following head-on crash on the A361 near Daventry
- 10:37 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 Everton FC fans witness Tom Davies' coming of age
- 10:37 ‘I’m allergic to my husband’
- 10:37 'Under Dean Keates there is a team forming' - Wrexham AFC fans give...
- 10:37 Mexico BPM music festival: Reports of shootings in clubs
- 10:37 'Anne Frank link' unearthed at Sobibor camp
- 10:37 Egypt court upholds ruling halting transfer of islands to Saudi Arabia
- 10:37 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:37 Mold Festival of Light is a dazzling success
- 10:36 Inquest into Staffordshire and Derbyshire couple killed in Tunisia...
- 10:36 Netflix customers targeted in phishing scam which aims to steal...
- 10:36 Italy discussing its budget problems with EU - Treasury official
- 10:36 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:35 Arsenal plot shock move to beat Man United and Chelsea to £50m star...