Ireland cuts GDP growth forecast on Brexit concerns
Ireland on Tuesday cut its gross domestic product forecast for 2017 on concerns about the fall-out from Britain's vote to leave the European Union and said risks were centred "firmly to the downside."
The finance ministry cut its 2016 GDP forecast to 4.2 percent from 4.9 percent and for 2017 to 3.5 percent from 3.9 percent and said there was considerable uncertainty to the outlook for next year with the impact of Brexit still unfolding.
"We have reduced next year's forecast by around half a percentage point to take into account the uncertainty associated with Brexit,"... read more
- 15:25 Ethical hackers head to Dundee for Securi-Tay
- 15:25 Flying visit to Banbury for famous steam engine
- 15:25 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:25 Fresh Tube strikes to hit London from tomorrow
- 15:25 Man with world’s biggest penis – 19 inches – could be appearing in...
- 15:25 Chelsea eyeing Diego Lopez and Tim Krul as Asmir Begovic nears...
- 15:24 'I heard them scream that they were on fire': Flight director who...
- 15:24 Did an earthquake in Nepal knock an inch off Everest? Doubts over...
- 15:24 Driving standing up conviction for tall Newcastle man
- 15:24 Peta calls for Scotland’s last elephant to be moved to sanctuary
- 15:22 Woman beaten and robbed after dropping children off at school
- 15:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 15:22 Burton Albion transfer news: Nigel Clough waiting on two loan...
- 15:22 Mohamed Elneny wants to become a legend at Arsenal like Thierry Henry
- 15:22 Dancer celebrates her 100th birthday
- 15:22 John Brayford won't rely on luck as Burton Albion look to turn...
- 15:21 Melton variety night show raises over £900 for Rainbows
- 15:20 Troll says he’s ‘glad’ former Man City ballboy, 19, died from cancer
- 15:19 We don’t want to alarm anyone, but they’ve invented a bacon toaster
- 15:19 This young couple saved up to travel the world by giving up their...
- 15:19 Asda go the extra mile with 10k support
- 15:19 Well known jeweller was a real gem of a lady
- 15:19 Top shots from the Masters by snooker’s finest
- 15:19 One in, one out: Manager confirms Chelsea arrival means ace is leaving
- 15:18 Proggy mats set for American adventure
- 15:18 The future is bright for Hartlepool United under Dave Jones - Sam...
- 15:18 Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea explains why he's excited
- 15:17 Pokemon Go RIVAL Pokemon Duel gets SHOCK release on iPhone and Android
- 15:17 HSBC's Huddersfield branch survives closures
- 15:17 Oscars 2017 nominations SNUBS: From Amy Adams to Deadpool