Iraq Inquiry: Sir John Chilcot to face MPs' questions
MPs will question the chairman of the Iraq War Inquiry later this month for the first time since it published its official report in July.
Former civil servant Sir John Chilcot will appear before MPs on the Commons Liaison Committee on 18 October.
The report, which took seven years to complete, criticised Tony Blair and his government's case for going to war in 2003.
Mr Blair defended his actions, saying military action had been justified.
Chilcot rejects Blair's case for war Chilcot report: Findings at-a-glance The Chilcot Inquiry, which began its work in 2009, after UK troops left Iraq,... read more
- 07:34 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:33 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 07:32 Toshiba's nuclear woes a hot ticket for bankruptcy financiers
- 07:32 TV, stage and film stars revealed for 2017 Festival No.6 lineup
- 07:32 West Brom news digest: Roy's boys; Foster's goodwill; Jose's...
- 07:32 Aston Villa news digest: Bruce's best player (it's a Blues man);...
- 07:32 Insurer Lloyd's of London confirms new Brussels base
- 07:32 Birmingham City news digest: Fabbrini on leaving; value of St...
- 07:32 Nikkei falls on pause in weak yen trend; chip-equipment makers firm
- 07:31 North Korea ‘could kill 90 per cent of Americans’ US intelligence...
- 07:31 BREAKING: Bomb squad seal off Malmo street over grenade fears
- 07:27 H&M Q1 profit tops forecast, to launch new brand in H2
- 07:27 Man shares multiple engagement photos to prove we don’t pay...
- 07:27 North Carolina 'bathroom' law: Deal reached on repeal
- 07:26 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:26 Cardiff uni study looks at coffee cup fee to cut single use
- 07:25 Live rush hour traffic, travel and news updates for Hull and East...
- 07:25 Tragedy of Dee Eskrett the nursery nurse who fell into drugs and...
- 07:25 Cars damaged in wrecking spree
- 07:24 Live: Drugs raids across Merseyside
- 07:23 PAULA SHERRIFF MP COLUMN: ‘Cuts to education are an appalling...
- 07:22 EU pulls plug on LSE’s merger with Deutsche Borse
- 07:22 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:22 Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after colliding with...
- 07:22 50 Sheffield homes hit by power cut
- 07:21 Six ways to lower your fuel consumption
- 07:21 Breaking news, travel and weather updates around Notts on Thursday,...