Iranian woman faces imminent execution after 'unfair trial'
A rights group urged the Iranian judiciary on Tuesday to quash a death sentence against a 22-year-old woman accused of murdering her husband, who she said had repeatedly abused her.
Zeinab Sekaanvand was arrested in February 2012 and convicted of her husband's murder after what London-based Amnesty International called a "grossly unfair trial". She faces execution by hanging as soon as Oct. 13.
Sekaanvand was just 17 when she allegedly committed the crime, making her a minor by international legal standards. She said she had been physically abused by her husband.
"This is an... read more
- 05:08 Turkey blocks access to Wikipedia
- 05:08 Twitter partners with Bloomberg for streaming TV news
- 05:08 Arrow Energy wins Australian gas pipeline license, but plan on hold
- 05:04 Police officer leapt out of the way of drunk driver who ignored...
- 05:04 Martial arts champ from Lincoln-based Hollywood self-defence school...
- 05:03 'I will NOT be happy' Trump warns US will respond if North Korea...
- 05:03 UFC News: McGregor vs Mayweather delay, Rogan on Rousey, St-Pierre...
- 05:03 Chelsea legend Frank Lampard: Eden Hazard has told me this about...
- 04:53 U.S. to probe Japanese, German automakers over alleged patent...
- 04:50 Conor McGregor's coach always knew 'The Notorious' would be a world...
- 04:48 Selena Gomez defends 13 Reasons Why following backlash: ‘It’s not...
- 04:34 Manchester United to sign Real Madrid star James Rodriguez in David...
- 04:18 US budget: Funding deal reached to avert shutdown
- 04:17 Labour pledges 'tougher' standards for rented houses
- 04:06 Twitter partners with Bloomberg for streaming TV news
- 04:04 Soldiers kill seven suspected gang members in northern Mexico gunfight
- 03:37 BREAKING: 'Seven people shot' as 'suspect taken down by armed...
- 03:33 Mild winter leading to record numbers of clothes moths
- 03:33 Police name 61-year-old man shot dead at house in Dorset
- 03:26 Oil prices inch down as oversupply concerns fester
- 03:26 Nikkei edges up, high-tech shares jump on earnings
- 03:19 France kills more than 20 militants on Mali, Burkina border
- 03:09 Greater Manchester mayor could change 'insane' bus system
- 02:57 Bob Brodie Trophy: McGonigle passes the 50 goals mark
- 02:49 Macron PLUMMETS in the polls as Marine Le Pen enjoys boost a WEEK...
- 02:49 'We miss him terribly' - Widow's heartbreak after losing Sheffield...
- 02:25 Ian Martin: Five million reasons we need an assembly
- 02:25 Vivienne Francis: Everyone has a role to play in dementia battle
- 02:25 Jayne Dowle: At last there is a chance to do politics differently
- 02:17 Men who tell sexist or homophobic jokes suffer from low self esteem