Iran BANS English classes over ‘cultural invasion’ fears as tensions with US grow
Islamic leaders have stepped in at a time of growing tensions with the west and Donald Trump’s administration.
Tehran has struggled to contain a string of protests about the rising cost of living, blaming the US for stirring up the trouble.
And Mehdi Navid-Adham, head of the state-run High Education Council, said that English lessons were now against the law.
He said: "Teaching English in government and non-government primary schools in the official curriculum is against laws and regulations.
"This is because the assumption is that, in primary education, the groundwork for the... read more
- 13:55 What is Tom Brady’s net worth and when will the New England...
- 13:54 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill rejects SFA's offer to become...
- 13:53 Six figure finance deal backed opening of Blackpool pub and micro...
- 13:53 Blackpool hospital fund launches networking event
- 13:52 Police issue crime prevention advice after spate of burglaries in...
- 13:52 Chester FC clash with Dover Athletic gets new date
- 13:52 Theresa May to host Burns Supper at Downing street
- 13:51 Caring Dee just loves being a ‘people person’
- 13:51 Thug attacked bar manager after she was refused a drink
- 13:51 Derbyshire police backing national campaign to help stamp out fraud
- 13:51 New appointment to look after student accommodation
- 13:51 Michael O’Neill turns down Scotland
- 13:51 Police issue crime prevention advice after spate of burglaries in...
- 13:50 Heart charity looking for help with world record bid
- 13:50 Major revamp planned for this Pride Park sports complex
- 13:50 Woman travels the world posting NAKED Instagram pictures for this...
- 13:50 Woman punched in face during handbag robbery
- 13:49 Walney wind farm set to become world's largest now able to generate...
- 13:49 More than 150 homes planned for former Arla dairy site in Ashby
- 13:48 Young's Seafood 'planning huge expansion in BIG opportunity China'
- 13:48 Investigation into fire in Blyth
- 13:48 Apple's always-on Homepod microphones can be MUTED to prevent the...
- 13:48 Will Apple cancel the iPhone X this summer? Disappointing sales...
- 13:48 Mum who delivered umbilical cord before baby - cutting off her...
- 13:48 A year of entrepreneurship for Blackpool business team
- 13:47 Neighbours spoilers: First look Ryan Thomas pictures reveal he’s...
- 13:46 L’oreal’s new virtual reality hair app only shows caucasian styles
- 13:45 South Cumbrians brave plummeting temperatures to help the elderly
- 13:45 People want the Spanish word for black changed because they think...
- 13:45 Mum strangled and left for dead by rapist who murdered her daughter...