Investors may be betting oil glut will end soon, but crude traders beg to differ
Investors may have driven crude oil futures prices above $50 a barrel and amassed large bullish positions in expectations of further gains to come but their optimism isn’t shared by the people who produce, refine, ship or trade the real stuff on a daily basis.
They inhabit a very different world in which there is plenty of oil sloshing around and buyers can get cargoes of crude at discounts to their official selling prices. Neither do they see much of animpact anytime soon from plans by members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to cut production from record... read more
- 08:41 Piccadilly Circus’s famous billboards to be switched off – for months
- 08:40 'Revamped care home is like our own 5-star hotel' - pictures
- 08:40 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: Patrick Roberts' goal was...
- 08:40 Caddie dies at Dubai Ladies Masters after collapsing with heart issue
- 08:39 Humza Yousaf caught driving without insurance
- 08:39 Rolling road block on M54 after lorry drives the wrong way
- 08:39 WIN: Meals, hotel stay, tickets and more in £1,000 Christmas cracker
- 08:38 Traffic alert: Vehicle fire forces M1 lane closures near Wakefield
- 08:37 Bird flu warning: keepers told to keep poultry inside
- 08:37 China Nov forex reserves fall more than expected to $3.05 trillion,...
- 08:37 From-the-ashes Chorley pub gets a fine new look
- 08:36 BBC faces investigation for ‘insulting’ new Thai king – website...
- 08:35 Chelsea hammer blow as Premier League rivals slap mammoth price-tag...
- 08:33 Cumbria coroner hears of patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:32 Arsenal complete move for ex-Chelsea ace Zech Medley in shock deal
- 08:32 Barcelona reach peak tiki-taka with impressive Champions League record
- 08:31 Shares in Monte dei Paschi rise strongly at open
- 08:31 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi: How it felt to end my goalscoring drought...
- 08:31 Chelsea Premier League winner: This is what Antonio Conte has...
- 08:30 A590 traffic chaos set to last for another week
- 08:30 Tottenham confident of sealing new Toby Alderweireld contract
- 08:29 Sharp rise in 'trolley waits' for hospital beds in England
- 08:29 Patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:29 Hong Kong stocks edge up before ECB meeting, aided by commodity shares
- 08:29 Ex-Marine serving life for Afghan prisoner’s murder could have...
- 08:29 Security forces in Kazakhstan conduct special operation in Aktobe
- 08:28 Delays on A19 near Tyne Tunnel following crash
- 08:27 Poppy Widdison, 4, death: The moment accused asked mum, 'is she...
- 08:26 OPEC deal will go ahead even if only Russia commits - Nigeria oil...
- 08:26 John Menzies names former DHL executive as head of distribution unit