Investment in the car industry will crash by half from last year's total of £1.66bn
Investment in the car industry is on course to crash by half this year with major manufacturers drastically cutting back amid Brexit uncertainty.
Vauxhall has already put the brakes on decisions relating to UK investment and there are growing fears that Ford may be preparing to follow suit.
Last year saw £1.66 billion invested in the industry, but figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), seen by The Mail on Sunday, show just £647.4 million of investment has been tracked by the body so far this year. A significant shortfall is now expected on last year’s total.... read more
- 12:45 'Doncaster is a s*** hole, everyone is either fat, a p*key or...
- 12:45 Stephen Fry has prostate cancer
- 12:44 Gritters are prepared for cold snap
- 12:44 Rumours of fracking in Chorley are 'fake news' says council
- 12:44 Uppingham stalwart calls it a day after 57 years of trading
- 12:44 Neanderthals walked among us – study
- 12:44 Why changes are coming to Coventry City's summer transfer deadline...
- 12:44 High diver’s exploits ended in tragedy
- 12:43 Why do celebrity couples not comment on split rumours?
- 12:43 Gritters are prepared for cold snap
- 12:43 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:43 Decision on sale of Middlemore homes to be investigated by Daventry...
- 12:43 Save Me release date, cast, trailer, plot: When is Sky drama Save...
- 12:43 Film Round-up: February 23
- 12:42 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 12:42 Why you should not share photos of alleged hit and run pair
- 12:42 One French woman in eight has been raped, study says
- 12:42 'A rather unwelcome and unexpected adventure' as Stephen Fry...
- 12:41 Teenagers stabbed multiple times in Lancaster
- 12:40 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:39 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 12:39 Wigan heart transplant dad out of surgery
- 12:38 Stephen Fry urges ‘men of a certain age’ to have their prostates...
- 12:38 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 12:37 Alan Bennett and Nicholas Hytner to collaborate on new play about...
- 12:37 Lisa Marie Presley sues former manager, claiming only $14,000 left...
- 12:37 Appeal over First World War details
- 12:37 Beast from the east sparks level 3 cold weather alert across Britain
- 12:37 Centrica cuts 4,000 jobs after 17 per cent drop in annual profit
- 12:37 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions