Investigation over cancer 'cure' GcMAF in health food shop
An undercover investigation by 5 live Investigates has found an unlicensed blood product being sold illegally in the UK to treat cancer.
'GcMAF' is an injectable product made from blood which was offered for sale at a health food shop in Bournemouth.
Cancer Research UK say the evidence for GcMAF is "scientifically extremely dubious".
The BBC has handed a file to the medicines regulator, the MHRA, which is now investigating.
In the UK it is illegal to sell an unlicensed medicine.
No evidence for GcMAF 5 live Investigates received a tip-off that the unlicensed product was available... read more
- 10:28 'Dangerously out of control' dog Biff injures woman
- 10:26 Burglars break into Kettering house
- 10:26 Real Madrid star tells Cristiano Ronaldo he is moving to the...
- 10:25 Pippa Middleton shows off new short bob hairstyle - was she...
- 10:25 Aston Villa injury news: Three out and three back, and some big...
- 10:25 Icy roads 'treacherous' across Lichfield district following fresh...
- 10:25 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:25 'Give yourself up before we come knocking' - police in hunt for...
- 10:24 Jacob Zuma: South Africa's laughing president
- 10:24 Cars damaged in Asda petrol station blaze
- 10:22 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers SLAM Louise Redknapp over epic...
- 10:22 Taxi marshals return to Bridlington
- 10:21 School kids injured in 'serious' three-vehicle crash as two taken...
- 10:21 Businessman offers £100k reward for information on missing RAF man...
- 10:21 New Grantham maternity hub provides parents with all services...
- 10:20 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:20 Arsonists strike three times across South Yorkshire
- 10:20 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Changes to bin collections over Christmas
- 10:19 Chesterfield chippy launches Christmas dinner menu - including deep...
- 10:19 When Victoria Street was focal point of city's shopping experience
- 10:18 Sky and BT strike deal which Leicester City fans will celebrate
- 10:18 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:17 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:17 Wladimir Klitschko: Anthony Joshua can unify the heavyweight division
- 10:17 HOLBEACH PARISH COUNCIL: New grants policy is adopted
- 10:17 Aljaz Bedene informs the ITF he is turning his back on Britain to...
- 10:16 Shkodran Mustafi back in training but Aaron Ramsey could be out...
- 10:16 Police boss says Force will put communities ahead of cost with £30m...