'International brand' to open takeaway in Meir despite objections from residents
Plans for an 'international brand' to open a takeaway creating 12 jobs have been approved - despite residents complaining their neighbourhood is already overrun with fast food restaurants.
The pizza delivery business will move into a unit formerly occupied by the Co-op Bank in Meir.
The applicant has signed a 20-year franchise agreement with the company, whose name has not yet been revealed.
Read more: Are these the best takeaways in and around Stoke-on-Trent?
Nearby families and businesses had objected to the proposals for another takeaway in Weston Road, but the plans were given the green... read more
- 08:26 Benefits cheat Chelsey Harwood continues to troll taxpayer after...
- 08:26 Garth Crooks: This Chelsea star has been a revelation under Antonio...
- 08:26 Europe's populist wave stalls as Macron storms into French runoff
- 08:26 MARKETS LIVE: London shares up 100 points after centrist Emmanuel...
- 08:26 Macron must win big now to have a chance of fulfilling pledges
- 08:26 GE17: No electronic voter registration for Northern Ireland
- 08:25 National Pet Month: Why dogs, their waggy tail and friendly woof...
- 08:25 Lloyds details steps to help boost business growth
- 08:24 NASA captures incredible image of Earth from 870 million miles away
- 08:24 Two young adults hospitalised after car found on its side in a field
- 08:23 Sergio Ramos complains about 'excessive' red card for tackle on...
- 08:23 Barcelona boss Luis Enrique reveals the special Lionel Messi tactic...
- 08:23 Harry Redknapp: This is what pleased me about Birmingham's defeat...
- 08:23 Pound Sterling Latest: Euro roller coaster ride as France election...
- 08:22 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 08:22 Incredible images of Northern Lights captured by photographer in...
- 08:22 Man faked terror plot to get out of holiday with his girlfriend
- 08:21 TOWIE star Ferne McCann's boyfriend Arthur Collins Tasered by...
- 08:21 Jimmy Choo on the market amid strategic review
- 08:21 Union warns of impact of Brexit on workers' rights
- 08:21 Lawyers facing tribunal over claims of torture by UK troops
- 08:21 Royal seal of approval for steam engine restored after vandalism
- 08:21 Main road in Cumbria blocked by HGV
- 08:21 Rangers defender James Tavernier points the finger at Don Robertson...
- 08:21 Consultants preparing report on future of 4,000 council houses...
- 08:20 Afghan defence chiefs resign over deadly Taliban attack
- 08:19 Primary school forced to close after travellers arrive on land
- 08:19 Rat alert on duck pond near school
- 08:19 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 08:19 Man critical in hospital after being hit on the head by 'falling rock'