Interest rates would rise when 2 percent price goal is met - BOJ Kuroda
Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Wednesday that interest rates would rise when the central bank's 2 percent inflation target is achieved although it's unlikely borrowing costs would increase anytime soon.
"It is unthinkable that long-term interest rates would stay around zero percent when the 2 percent price goal is achieved," Kuroda told a parliament committee.
"If (further) easing is necessary, interest rates could be lowered further as needed. On the other hand, interest rates would rise if the price stability target is met."
(Reporting by Tetsushi... read more
- 06:29 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE Pep Guardiola updates and...
- 06:29 Man City sent a Tottenham a warning ahead of Premier League clash
- 06:29 One Manchester United player may change Jose Mourinho's transfer plans
- 06:28 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho has a lot of enemies, Man City incident...
- 06:28 A-levels 2017: One in four expected to achieve top A-level grades
- 06:26 Spy in the camp: It's promotion or bust for Aston Villa boss Steve...
- 06:26 Kids battling cancer will be given superhero radiotherapy masks
- 06:24 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:22 Brexit cafe to heal referendum wounds
- 06:20 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is among the best on the planet -...
- 06:20 ‘We’ve beaten cancer – now for the marathon’
- 06:19 Transport cash funding targeted by MPs upset over region’s share
- 06:19 Manchester City’s plan for global domination
- 06:19 Sunderland mum qualifies as city’s first female Asian driving...
- 06:19 Teacher banned for life from classroom after affair with...
- 06:19 Sunderland man caught dumping rubbish outside of neighbour's home
- 06:19 Almost 80 youths identified by police over trouble in town
- 06:19 Jim Duffy: How Tech Gods have taken over a low-tax Mount Olympus
- 06:19 John McLaren: Income tax changes have economic and political risks
- 06:19 David Bell: Tax re-jig brings modest returns but rich in symbolism
- 06:17 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:17 High praise for Yorkshire fare in comprehensive new foodie poll
- 06:17 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho rebellion, Pele...
- 06:17 Desborough woman stole £25,000 from man with dementia
- 06:16 Jail for Alvaston serial criminal who ransacked couple's Chaddesden...
- 06:16 Toyota to mark 25 years of manufacturing at Burnaston today
- 06:16 NHS Lothian clash with Scottish Government over hospital care
- 06:16 Derby care home sex abuse victim vents her anger at being 'left...
- 06:16 Calls for ban on energy drinks being sold to kids
- 06:16 Derby couples wanted for new season of Don't Tell The Bride