Intercom for Victoria Centre flats to be replaced after Nottingham bomb scare chaos
The intercom system for people living in the Victoria Centre flats is set to be replaced – five months after a bomb scare left hundreds of residents stuck in their homes.
An army team had be called in to carry out a controlled explosion after suspect suitcases were found on the upper floor of the shopping centre back on May 29.
The suitcases were later found to contain clothes and electrical items – not explosives – but the centre was cordoned off for five-and-a-half hours.
But while the drama unfolded below, residents of the 450 flats above, which are managed by Nottingham City Homes on... read more
- 13:29 Shamed MSP Mark McDonald 'should be suspended from Holyrood'
- 13:28 Mum's airing cupboard death 'devastated family'
- 13:28 Police car collides with bus in Newport, injuring 10
- 13:26 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Carlisle comes up trumps when it comes to clean air
- 13:25 Anger in Cumbria at 'valueless' northern rail slur
- 13:25 Dinosaur bones, shark teeth and crocodile armour at popular museum
- 13:25 Theresa May’s backdrop collapses again in Prime Ministerial...
- 13:25 Teen remanded over Wakefield city-centre stabbing
- 13:24 Top Grasmere chef proves he can handle the heat
- 13:24 A thief who struck at a shopping centre has been locked-up and...
- 13:23 Parents swap the suburban life for living on the open road in an...
- 13:23 'You can lose my suitcases but don't take my stroopwafel!' United...
- 13:23 Book review: The Blood Road, by Stuart MacBride
- 13:23 Book review: Assurances, by JO Morgan
- 13:23 Trader's €1bn deals voided after training platform mix-up
- 13:23 Nato chief says Trump-Putin meeting would not contradict policy
- 13:23 Iran's female football supporters make history at World Cup stadium...
- 13:23 Myrtle Allen obituary
- 13:23 Ulverston hailed as third best town in the country to live in
- 13:23 Ambulance crews get police award for work to try and save life of...
- 13:22 Measles cases are on the rise in Hull
- 13:22 Police record 86 cases of child grooming in Nottinghamshire in...
- 13:21 'The British Real Madrid ay we!' - Wolves fans react to that adidas...
- 13:21 Sophie Gradon's death sparks heartbroken tributes from Love Island...
- 13:21 Teen remanded over Wakefield city-centre stabbing
- 13:20 Aasma Day: Textspeak can leave parents off message
- 13:18 Road trip playlist tips – name the tunes you sing along to
- 13:18 What does running do to your brain?
- 13:17 Watch teenager winched to safety after being trapped near Ben Nevis...