Interactive Investor squares up to Hargreaves Lansdown as it buys TD Direct, to make it the UK's second biggest DIY investing platform
Interactive Investor has bought TD Direct Investing, creating the UK's second biggest online DIY investing platform group.
It will have £18 billion of assets under administration and 300,000 customers, meaning only Hargreaves Lansdown has more clout in the UK among DIY investors.
There will be no immediate changes for investors on either platform, a statement said yesterday.
The deal is likely signal a further push for investors' cash from the new investing giant, as it is backed by venture capital firm JC Flowers, which will hold a majority stake in the new company.
It could eventually... read more
- 18:14 Fed may need to raise interest rates in 'near future': Kaplan
- 18:12 Huddersfield Royal Infirmary nurses terrified by man's strange...
- 18:12 Quarter of new Leicester school places are in poor or average schools
- 18:12 Ice weather warning for Leicester as Storm Ewan sweeps across the...
- 18:12 Ander Herrera: This is what Zlatan Ibrahimovic does to the Man...
- 18:12 Sue’s wing walk will raise cash for hospital
- 18:12 Yorkshire anglers take top prizes at beach fishing event
- 18:11 Surf Snowdonia to host first ever music festival
- 18:11 Cheap flights 2017: Monarch SLASHES fares to Rome to just £29 one way
- 18:10 Barclays brings in former Bradford & Bingley director and Debenhams...
- 18:10 Arsonist fuelled by cocktail of drugs set fire to Wirral home over...
- 18:09 Newcastle newsagents facing alcohol bid backlash as vicar fears...
- 18:06 Winsford clock tower roof blown off in Storm Doris
- 18:06 Body of burned dog found in Branston field
- 18:06 Man, 20, denies alleged serious assault in Nelson Street, Swadlincote
- 18:06 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 18:06 Sir John Major attacks 'unreal' Brexit vision
- 18:05 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:05 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:02 Van driver holds cigarette in one hand and phone in the other
- 18:02 Monday Night Football LIVE: Liverpool could leapfrog Arsenal with...
- 18:02 Tributes to teenager who died just 11 days after brain tumour...
- 18:02 F1 testing 2017: Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes fastest as Red Bull and...
- 18:02 Doorman Daniel Fox died after being stabbed in chest following...
- 18:02 The way Andrew Garfield looked at ex-girlfriend Emma Stone during...
- 18:01 Mum’s warning over Cadbury’s Mini Eggs ‘choking hazard’ goes viral
- 18:01 Boy taken to hospital after town centre fight
- 18:01 Eight facts about Pancake Day
- 18:00 Derbyshire drivers facing £100 hike in insurance bills
- 17:59 Daimler picks U.S. trucks chief to replace Bernhard