Intel's results beat estimates; forecast disappoints
Intel Corp reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings and revenue, boosted by improving PC demand and growth in its data centre and cloud businesses, but its revenue forecast for the current quarter disappointed Wall Street.
The world's largest chipmaker's shares were down 5.3 percent at $35.75 in after-hours trading on Tuesday.
Intel said it expects fourth-quarter revenue of $15.7 billion(£12.76 billion), plus or minus $500 million. Analysts on average were expecting $15.86 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
"This is below the average seasonal increase for the fourth... read more
- 11:39 Bill Clinton holds talks with Theresa May about Northern Ireland
- 11:39 Reveller knocked out in unprovoked attack outside the Cube in Poulton
- 11:39 Man charged with criminal damage at pawn shop
- 11:39 Bionical and Anytime Fitness among sponsors backing 2017 Derby...
- 11:38 Shelley crash case now sent to coroner
- 11:38 Egremont scout group's fundraising night supports two charities
- 11:38 Withnell Fold group clean up green spaces
- 11:38 Members of Melton church celebrate £12,000 grant donation
- 11:37 Which Cumbria restaurant makes the UK's top 10 according to...
- 11:37 Wood fires fine hat-trick in impressive Liversedge win
- 11:36 Jose Mourinho to manage Arsenal? Man Utd boss told he is never...
- 11:36 Coton-in-the-Elms pre-school appeal to businesses to back its...
- 11:36 ‘Racist’ nursing textbook saying ‘Jews may be demanding’ pulled...
- 11:36 The ten most common illnesses this winter - and how to avoid them
- 11:36 Harvey Weinstein's brother Bob Weinstein accused of sexual harassment
- 11:36 Watch: Near-miss pile up on motorway as road rage revenge driver...
- 11:36 Aston Villa hero Paul Merson makes playing return at 49 - here's...
- 11:36 SEVEN injured in drive-by shooting in Stafford
- 11:35 Kenilworth residents can learn first aid for free after Lions...
- 11:35 Kenilworth Ladies make cup progress
- 11:35 Man Utd News: Enrique to replace Mourinho claim, Bale snub for...
- 11:33 Hearts boss Craig Levein admits Jambos have a plan B in case...
- 11:33 Valuable role of chaplaincy is highlighted
- 11:33 VIDEO: Lincolnshire Trading Standards officers film video guide on...
- 11:33 First World War talk at Belford Museum
- 11:33 Clyde shipyard workers ‘betrayed’ over frigate order
- 11:33 Amazing moment Hull trucker turns up to work and wins £20k an Audi
- 11:32 The Book of Dust reviews: Philip Pullman is BACK with His Dark...
- 11:32 Woman robbed of handbag and mobile phone in Northampton town centre
- 11:31 Mayor tells Adelphi Hotel: Join Liverpool city centre square revamp...