Inside the Council: Councillor Colin Peel
0 Have your say So, it looks like the 20mph plague is about to hit our area. Dozens of streets blanketed with 20mph signs. Did we ask for it? I’ve not heard many voices asking for a blanket reduction.
Yes, we need speed reduction at certain times of day, so why not electronic, variable speed signs where they are needed?
Remember, the speed limit is the maximum speed and a good driver will always take account of the road conditions, the type of weather and the time of day. So, in a 30mph zone on a frosty, dark, school morning, you will be doing a lot less than 30 anyway, won’t you?
The money... read more
- 07:15 How explosive polio outbreak had Hull living in fear in 1961
- 07:15 Changing a tyre, setting up a Blu-ray and baking a cake challenge...
- 07:15 Ayr United dump Queen of the South thanks to Paul Cairney winner
- 07:15 Where should Hull KR coach Tim Sheens recruit next?
- 07:15 Ghost stories that spook Grimsby: Belgian journalist discovered...
- 07:15 Ten inspirational women from Hull who should have a statue like Amy
- 07:15 Sparkling performance sees Joanne Clifton top the leader board for...
- 07:15 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Hull?
- 07:15 Cleethorpes Beer Festival proves a tasty day out - pictures
- 07:15 'We were fined at the Tesco St Stephen's car park'
- 07:15 Drone footage shows how the birds view Haile Sands Fort
- 07:15 Cocktail maker preparing to shake things up in Russia!
- 07:15 Crime hotspots: Latest figures reveal the top offences where you live
- 07:15 Revealed: Full cost of fly-tipping to taxpayers in Grimsby area...
- 07:13 Black Friday is back - when is this year's major sale event?
- 07:12 FARMING MATTERS: Self sufficient farmers wives
- 07:12 Lewis White and Adam Peaty are guests of honour as Derbyshire...
- 07:11 Councillor pledges to reverse any changes to taxi licensing if...
- 07:10 How Manchester United should line up vs Chelsea
- 07:10 How Man City should line up vs Southampton
- 07:10 With people out of work or suffering wage cuts this should be...
- 07:10 Blasts injure people in Japanese city
- 07:07 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:05 This test will determine just how much control your cat has over you
- 07:05 12 people on the quickest ways they’ve seen their friends mess up...
- 07:04 Opium crops spread in Afghanistan as Taliban gains ground, U.N. says
- 07:04 Ecuador’s Yasuni park: where oil vies with tourism for the rainforest
- 07:01 ScotRail goes from bad to worse despite promises from Abellio to...
- 06:57 Three quarters of parents think mobiles have negative effect on...
- 06:57 Migraine sufferers ‘should avoid processed meats and leafy greens’