Inside the cafe where time has stood still for 11 years
Frozen in time. Hidden from view.
The rest of the Cleveland Centre may have moved on, but Sarah’s Self Service Restaurant remains exactly as it was the day diners enjoyed their last cup of tea at the popular cafe.
If you shopped in Middlesbrough from the 70s until 2005, then the eaterie will have been a very familiar sight.
Up the well-known escalators and behind glass, you could see the shoppers hustle and bustle below whilst you enjoyed a scone or two. Lovely memories, for some.
But a Middlesbrough resident - who wishes to remain anonymous - wondered what had happened to the cafe after it... read more
- 17:25 Van blaze on A483 causes heavy traffic near Welshpool
- 17:23 Police chief calls for minimum pricing on alcohol
- 17:22 Tottenham prepare for Manchester United clash at Old Trafford with...
- 17:22 Manchester United star Paul Pogba gives his shirt to a fan causing...
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition
- 17:12 Scots GPs warn rising workloads may affect patient care
- 17:11 Bomb disposal team to carry out explosion on Walney
- 17:11 Exclusive - Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense:...
- 17:10 Sky receives takeover approach from 21st Century Fox
- 17:10 Residents urged to secure properties following thefts
- 17:10 One of Cumbria's worst-hit communities reunites after the floods
- 17:09 David Seaman picks a stunning dream Arsenal five-a-side team: Who...
- 17:09 Tens of thousands of homes without water due to burst main
- 17:09 Boston United appoint Adam Murray as new manager