Inside Rugby: Culture is crucial as rugby's self-policing preserves values
I have got several football-loving mates who get severely narked-off when fights or fracas involving rugby players on or off the pitch, get passed off as mere 'high jinx'.
It's a physical game. Rugby boys will be rugby boys eh? Tut tut. Naughty.
Meanwhile, footballers are roundly criticised for diving and pushing and squaring up to each other.
If football players do any of the above, they are ill-disciplined and out-of-control, right?
When rugby players fight, it is portrayed as just a bit of over-exuberance.
Anyway, you can imagine the sanctimonious tutting from those mates this week when... read more
- 17:04 POISON PROBE: Police investigate after cat is found dead in Ripley
- 17:04 Three-car crash causes delays on the A52
- 17:04 York to be at ‘forefront’of UK’s transport revolution
- 17:04 Reality Check: Are business rates figures misleading?
- 17:02 Car on fire after crash with lorry on M40 near Warwick services
- 17:02 Cuteness alert! Five baby rabbits looking for new home after being...
- 17:00 Shaw absent from Manchester United FC squad along with Rooney and...
- 17:00 ITV announcer calls Emmerdale’s Aaron and Robert ‘Aaron and...
- 16:58 Ben Stokes gets full IPL clearance as England allow the all-rounder...
- 16:58 Floyd Mayweather Sr mocks UFC star Conor McGregor: 'I would beat...
- 16:58 Muslim teacher denied entry to US 'not given reason'
- 16:58 Scotland prop Gordon Reid urges his team to stand up against Wales'...
- 16:56 Vile Doncaster paedophile jailed for raping young teenager who fell...
- 16:56 Princess Anne supports Rainbow House
- 16:56 Walton raises the roof for St Barnabas Grantham Hospice
- 16:55 Sutton goalkeeper Wayne Shaw 'in tears' after resigning following...
- 16:55 Walkers in onesies rescue man from river at 2.30 in the MORNING
- 16:55 Family secrets of York’s disgraced Railway King
- 16:55 Coventry City going to Wembley: Calm restored at Butts Park Arena
- 16:53 Car on fire after crash with lorry on M40 near Warwick services
- 16:53 Former head teacher charged with sexual offences against adults
- 16:53 Prestatyn grandfather stepped in front of train to end torture of...
- 16:53 Take part in charity Swimathon at Melton Waterfield Leisure Centre
- 16:52 Prince Harry draws crowds to Newcastle's Quayside on whirlwind visit
- 16:52 Bridgen calls for Trump apology from House of Commons speaker John...
- 16:52 Was James Bond caught parking illegally in Leicester?
- 16:52 Liverpool plot shock move for £18m West Ham star: Jurgen Klopp has...
- 16:52 MP’s support for councillor
- 16:52 A secret floor, a chauffeur-driven Tesla and exclusive ocean views:...
- 16:52 Tourist in Thailand faces up to a year in prison for 'feeding...