Inquiry launched as Carlton man died shortly after being arrested
A young man from Carlton died after he became unwell in the back of a police car, an inquest has heard.
Cain Hargreaves, 21, had been arrested and was in a police car when he became unwell.
Officers called for an ambulance and he was taken to QMC, where he later died.
An inquest into his death has now been opened and adjourned at Nottingham Coroner’s Court.
As with all deaths in police custody, the case is now being investigated by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC), formerly the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
It is investigating what happened to Mr Hargreaves... read more
- 00:37 Prince William to visit Israel and Palestinian territories
- 00:34 Record US fentanyl bust 'enough to kill 26 million people'
- 00:26 Tax break plan for immigrants to attract best and brightest to an...
- 00:25 Rising stars of 2017: campaigner Faiza Shaheen
- 00:25 Home Office criticised for failures in reforms to criminal records...
- 00:13 Obese patients more likely to survive infection in hospital
- 00:13 Rotten teeth health warning on sugary drinks could deter buyers
- 00:11 Classified collusion briefing features top lawmakers, FBI … and...
- 00:05 How many £1m-plus homes are sold near you?
- 00:04 GDPR: 'Don't panic!' data watchdog tells firms
- 00:00 Manchester United transfer target Fred to make decision on future...
- 23:59 Whistleblower Chelsea Manning says government mass surveillance is...
- 23:59 Facebook will NOT compensate users over misuse of personal data by...
- 23:57 Ben Barba inspires leaders St Helens to another victory at Castleford
- 23:57 World No 84 Nicolas Kicker found guilty of match fixing 'and other...
- 23:51 Obese patients more likely to survive infection in hospital
- 23:51 Rotten teeth health warning on sugary drinks could deter buyers
- 23:36 VIDEO: Murder investigation launched after teenage boy is...
- 23:31 VIDEO: Sheffield park sealed off by police following major incident
- 23:31 VIDEO: Murder investigation launched after teenage boy is...
- 23:31 Liverpool to step up pursuit of Lyon’s £70m-rated Nabil Fekir
- 23:31 Liverpool find fresh confidence in sealing £60million Nabil...
- 23:28 VIDEO: Murder investigation launched after teenage boy is...
- 23:24 Woman casually orders McDonald’s with her whole bum on display...
- 23:19 More than 1,000 pupils penalised for phones in GCSE and A-level exams
- 23:11 Rush to buy Trump-Kim coin after summit cancellation
- 22:57 VIDEO: Sheffield park sealed off by police following major incident
- 22:57 Harvey Weinstein expected to surrender to New York police
- 22:55 Senate approves bill to overhaul system for reporting sexual...
- 22:55 Why Sadio Mané bought 300 Liverpool shirts for his village in Senegal