Inquest told victim died 10 days after alleged attack
A Nottingham man died in hospital 10 days after an alleged attack, an inquest heard.
Gary Hastings, 59, had been to the Park Tavern where a friend had given him food just after 7pm on August 7.
After around 20 minutes, Mr Hastings left the pub and went to his home in Pear Tree Court, Old Basford.
He then began "the short walk" back to the pub before an incident outside the Premier Convenience Store on Arnold Road, said deputy coroner Marian Casey.
Read more: This Nottingham road is one of the most congested in England
In an incident, Mr Hastings "sustained a number of... read more
- 14:00 Where to eat in June: New London restaurants you should check out
- 14:00 Project Update: Final element of retail park bid given green light
- 14:00 Nexus reveal Bank Holiday timetable changes for Metro services
- 13:59 Harvey Weinstein charged with rape and sex abuse against two women
- 13:57 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 13:57 It could all be so simple … why did Lauryn Hill disappear?
- 13:57 Fans left with 'invalid' tickets in Ed Sheeran anti-tout scheme
- 13:57 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:55 Kickboxing star who spars with Tyson Fury claims Gypsy King would...
- 13:54 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:53 Bosses blame bad winter weather for delay in opening Sunderland's...
- 13:50 Lakeland Dialect Society to hold church service
- 13:49 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 13:47 Ptich perfect boost for Preston youth football club
- 13:47 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:46 Saudi Arabia arrests key activist in human rights crackdown
- 13:46 Woman who posted Holocaust denial songs to YouTube convicted
- 13:46 Timely questions
- 13:46 Arts ahead
- 13:46 How £12,000 purchase has helped academics assemble world’s most...
- 13:46 Wellesbourne Ladies finish as region’s best in Super Sunday tournament
- 13:44 10 of the most luxurious boutique hotels in Yorkshire for a...
- 13:41 The four gadgets you need to protect your car: Motorists flock to...
- 13:40 Travellers cause devastation after trashing youth football club site
- 13:39 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:39 UK's council planners overworked, underpaid and abused, experts say
- 13:39 Constable and Turner landscapes reunited for first time since 1831
- 13:39 Man ‘assaulted girlfriend after “forcibly tickling” her’
- 13:38 'Not safe, not effective, not well led': Mental health services...
- 13:38 10 of the most luxurious boutique hotels in Yorkshire for a...