Inquest opens into the death of Hannah Pearson
An inquest has opened into the death of 16-year-old Hannah Pearson.
James Morton, 23, appeared at Nottingham Crown Court last month charged with the murder of the teenager in July.
Morton, of Pierson Street, Newark, has denied killing the youngster, of Marston, Lincolnshire.
Ms Pearson died after emergency services were called to the same Newark address in the early hours of July 24. Ambulance crews tried to resuscitate Hannah, who was taken to the Queen's Medical Centre. She was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at hospital.
An inquest was opened into the youngster's death by... read more
- 07:49 The taste of Spain that's hard 'tapas' up all at a leisurely...
- 07:49 Do any of the Grimsby area's clocks work?
- 07:48 Firebugs set light to car at side of road
- 07:47 Cow burps rather than farts are destroying the earth’s atmosphere
- 07:47 New-look Costcutter store opens in Kirton
- 07:46 These 14 facts about Shropshire will simply amaze you
- 07:46 England man Eric Dier: Age is just a number, we need trophies
- 07:43 Sheffield murder probe: everything we know so far
- 07:43 Pedestrian taken to hospital with leg injury after 'hit-and-run'...
- 07:42 Meet Pictish art enthusiast Marianna Lines
- 07:42 Cumbrian mum's terror as she faced Westminster terrorist
- 07:41 On This Day: Why speeding ticket was bill-a-wrong, Wembley fever &...
- 07:41 Grace to lose long locks for charity
- 07:41 11 of the cheapest properties for sale in North Lincolnshire
- 07:41 Scunthorpe man sentenced for assault by beating
- 07:41 Lorries too large for this road are 'putting lives in danger'
- 07:41 North Lincolnshire first place in UK to host Eurotrials
- 07:41 When will the clocks change in 2017? Here's what you need to know
- 07:41 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 07:38 Man accused of damaging 4X4
- 07:37 VIDEO: Just Alfie launches DT Lunchtime Live
- 07:37 Northants ace Crook in top condition ahead of new campaign
- 07:31 Russell Howard: Why I am always worried about outstaying my welcome
- 07:29 'Knowing I'm doing it for Sam gives me reason to get up in the...
- 07:29 Were you caught on camera at the Winter Gardens in 2000/2001?
- 07:29 Watching England play 'was a breath of fresh air' - Grimsby Town...
- 07:29 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot wants to get back 'that winning...
- 07:29 Dog walker attacked with hammer after being asked for a cigarette
- 07:29 Devastating blow for brave battler Sam as family launch bucket list...
- 07:27 Huddersfield nostalgia: Spring snapshots